Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
sorry if this has been posted before. Does anyone know if there is somewhere where 1901 club memberships are traded 'second hand'?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm sure if you contact the 1901 Club they'll have some memberships available, or will be able to put you in touch with anyone who has indicated they wish to sell.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I know they have offered some in the south west corner on the goal line, but ideally looking for some more central, perhaps I'm looking for gold!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
a couple of home defeats, a 5p increase on the price of a pint and a dodgy chip and there'll be loads on offer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I know they have offered some in the south west corner on the goal line, but ideally looking for some more central, perhaps I'm looking for gold!

Like I said, comtact the 1901 directly and tell them what you're after, there have been some people who have decided to cancel/leave in the WSM.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Be prepared for serious fleecing

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Considering the frequency and bitterness of their whining you'd think there would be scores up for grabs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Considering the frequency and bitterness of their whining you'd think there would be scores up for grabs.

You would wouldn't you, what ever happened to the thread a game about the food there ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You would wouldn't you, what ever happened to the thread a game about the food there ?

I got bored. But if there is demand i am happy to resurrect it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex

Actually it's platinum when they are central !!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Good, we won at home last Saturday so nothing to have a go about.

I take the eaters is still single figures

There were about 15 tables in the Overprice Lounge last game, and a few people taking up the extortionate 'not-buffet' option, still loads of food going to waste. However, the Newmarket was well patronised by 1901 members and the Odds'n'Sods, who also had Dick Knight joining them I believe. Don't think it will be long before that particular establishment is hosting more 1901 members pre match dining than the Amex does.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There were about 15 tables in the Overprice Lounge last game, and a few people taking up the extortionate 'not-buffet' option, still loads of food going to waste. However, the Newmarket was well patronised by 1901 members and the Odds'n'Sods, who also had Dick Knight joining them I believe. Don't think it will be long before that particular establishment is hosting more 1901 members pre match dining than the Amex does.

wouldn't be my choice but if you want a warmed up carvery for £7.95 (?) then go to the Newmarket. Do they go back there at half time?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
wouldn't be my choice but if you want a warmed up carvery for £7.95 (?) then go to the Newmarket. Do they go back there at half time?
Might be quicker to leg it to the Newmarket for a half time pint than join the queues waiting on the concourses ( just joking ! Not moaning )

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Never went there before they were refurbished recently, however, it seems better quality, better service and better value than what Sodexo serve up, certainly better than anything Azure ever served up, and likewise lindleys, plus you get decent service, and staff who know how to pour a drink, and speak English. :shrug:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Never went there before they were refurbished recently, however, it seems better quality, better service and better value than what Sodexo serve up, certainly better than anything Azure ever served up, and likewise lindleys, plus you get decent service, and staff who know how to pour a drink, and speak English. :shrug:

fair enough - i've not been in there for a while.

on a more serious matter some heads need banging together/Henry Kissenger should be brought in - Sodexo is losing revenue, the club is losing its cut/commission and is upsetting a group of fans/supporters/customers/clients, 1901ers are paying a premium price but not using the facilities, and some 1901ers will lose business. Everyone loses except the likes of the Newmarket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here