Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower West to North Stand ... Am l in for a shock?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've been persuaded, for the Barnsley game only, to give up my usual seat in the centre section of the genteel Lower West, to sit next to my mate in row G, directly behind the goal, of the North stand.

Bearing in mind my usual neighbours are ultra conservative middle class types who wouldn't say boo to a goose, do you think l might be in for a bit of a culture shocK? What should l expect?, will l have to stand for the whole game?, will there be bad language?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You will hear people behind you and to your left singing standard Albion songs that you'll enjoy joining in with.

When they go quiet you might pick up the distant strains of "Tony Bloom's Blue & White Army" or "Go Left, Go Left" coming from the Police Box area away to your right...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've sat in the WSU, WSL, ESU, ESL and North - for me personally the North was the worst by far.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
You will enjoy it, especially with it being different to what you're used too.. Hopefully it'll be a lively game brining a decent atmosphere although just recently it's been pretty quiet

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Oh good another thread full of the same boring shit

I'll add that the worst part was the view - I hate the far goal being ..... well ..... so far away.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes, good reply, did you notice his question asking opinions ?

Yes, and your very limited reply says very little except the standard NSC customary dig at a particular set of fans.

Edit: Ok now you have expanded your reply a little, I would counter that opinion in that you can see if a ball is heading towards the goal far easier than from the sides.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Great view of legs, with socks on.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Yes, and your very limited reply says very little except the standard NSC customary dig at a particular set of fans

Where did I dig at fans ? I don't like looking head on to the goals. I feel I get a better view side on. Always have. Maybe some people need to be a little less precious.

theboybilly

The North East corner is okay, but I'm with Westdene Seagull as far as the view of the far goal is concerned. I seem to be missing out on the flow of the game sometimes. I'll decide soon whether to move to the East Upper or West Stand either in the New Year or next season but I will miss some of the people around me.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
My God!, You really are the biggest cock on this forum!! Nothing but negativity.... GET A LIFE WEIRDO!

What the f*ck are you going on about ?? I explained that I thought the view from the North Stand - IMO - is the worst I've experienced. You didn't answer the question before so lets try again - what have I done to annoy you so much ??

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Shirley the North Standers have a responsibility:

1. to lead the singing, non stop, through every home game
2. To constantly be inventing witty, catchy new songs and chants
3. For getting the rest of the stadium singing
4. For ensuring that the opposition feel fear at the sheer wall of sound confronting them

If not, what's the point?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here