Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***England v Chile Matchday Thread***

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
yimp.png

yomp.png

•Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy.

•Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker (out of Chile match).

•Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick (out of both Chile and Germany matches), Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard (out of Chile match), Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere (recovering from ankle injury).

•Forwards: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert (misses Chile game), Jay Rodriguez, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge (foot injury, misses Chile match), Danny Welbeck (out of both Chile and Germany matches

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Forster in goal I reckon, will like to see him play well and give Hart a bit of competition for the number 1 shirt.
Looking forward to seeing Lallana playing, not too sure on Rodriguez, but no harm on giving him a try.
England win 2-1.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I have not seen Forster much to be honest so would not mind seeing in between the sticks as well. I think it's a perfect game to give a few newbies a start rather than 15 mins from the end.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's got all the ingredients to be a real crackerjack of a game.

For those who don't know about Chile they are a swashbucking attacking side with some style, they are certain to pose England some problems tonight and could be dark horses for a run to the latter stages of the World Cup.

Still an extremely limited number of tickets remaining for the game, so if you're at a loose end this evening you could do a lot worse than watch what should be a fascinating game between two different stlyes but both with attacking intent.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Last night I watched (on TV) Colombia beat Belgium 2-0 in Brussels, a very professional performance, although Belgium did hit the post twice when they should have scored. Chile were only 2 points behind Colombia in the South American world cup qualifying group. (of the 15 players used by Belgium 10 play in the EPL).

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just seen how many tickets we have sold. That's impressive for a friendly

Stumpy Tim

Would like to have seen Henderson play instead of Milner or Lampard... Not going to learn much playing Lampard. Otherwise, happy to see Roy (a) put some new faces out there (b) give Jones a runout in centre Defence

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Crap at corners. It's like being at the Amex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here