Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you to Miles Jenner

Dandyman

In London village.
A big thank you to Harvey's Head Brewer for a very entertaining and information evening at Seagulls over London, last night (and to PW for arranging it).

Among other things...Amex accounts for a week's worth of all Harvey's annual production, we have massive beer cellers at Falmer and Imperial Stout is bloody strong stuff.

:drink:

Dandyman

In London village.
Sounds like a fun evening. Did you have a tasting session?

We did. Six different Harvey's beers, each introduced by Mr. Jenner with a few words about their style, history and so on. It's always interesting how talking about beer tends to lead to also talking about the history of and social changes in our country.

A big thank you to Harvey's Head Brewer for a very entertaining and information evening at Seagulls over London, last night (and to PW for arranging it).

Among other things...Amex accounts for a week's worth of all Harvey's annual production, we have massive beer cellers at Falmer and Imperial Stout is bloody strong stuff.

:drink:

Lucky, Lucky B*****d!!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Would have loved to have imbibed of the Imperial Stout!

What a great idea to get Miles along to your meeting.

Both Miles and his colleague Hamish are excellent hosts on the tours of Harveys Brewery that I have been lucky enough to do over the years which is well worth the effort if you are interested. That Imperial Stout is certainly strong and an acquired taste so must only appeal to real connoisseurs. The best bit of the tour is always the tasting.

Bizarrely the last tour we did consisted of myself and a couple of mates plus about 25 ladies from a local WI group who did the tour but when invited to sample the beers politely declined and said 'actually we don't really like beer...' and they left. So there were just three of us to do the sampling..........I can't remember but I hope we did it justice!

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
MJ and Hamish are real local heroes and should be awarded the keys to Lewes, the Freedom of Sussex. Given that Sussex is effectively runs on Harveys, isn't there a case that both should be awarded instant Knighthoods at the least ?

MJ and Hamish are real local heroes and should be awarded the keys to Lewes, the Freedom of Sussex. Given that Sussex is effectively runs on Harveys, isn't there a case that both should be awarded instant Knighthoods at the least ?

I would vote for that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here