Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it really 50 years

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
since President Kennedy was assassinated
and after watching the programme on ITV (which by the way was very good) and watching and listening to ELO it bought back some very sad memories on both counts.
I went to bed very depressed

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
pedantry aside, this along with Oprah talking about the Birmingham (Alabama) freedom riders on every show on tv and radio, has made me feel very old

since President Kennedy was assassinated
and after watching the programme on ITV (which by the way was very good) and watching and listening to ELO it bought back some very sad memories on both counts.
I went to bed very depressed

ELO aren't that bad surely?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I was Obama I might stay in bed next Friday, the risk of assassination will be a tad higher than normal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
ELO aren't that bad surely?

ELO were a 70's band weren't they so how can they be 50 years old

I liked ELO but a mate of mine who is now gone( he died to early another victim of the big "C") loved them and if by any chance they played "Mr blue sky" at the Goldstone and the Albion won he went home a very happy man

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I was 24 when Kennedy was shot...such sadness about...a bit of rejoicing when Ruby shot Oswald... then Ruby was assinated....then it started about Mafia being involved rumours....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I found the scene where Jackie was clambering over the boot allegedly " picking up bits of JFK's brain" very disturbing :down:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The documentary last night was very interesting.

that was good wasnt it? a very compelling angle that answers alot of the questions. most interesting aspect i though was that this it wasnt even an new theory, its been around since the 1970s. its funny because it the fact its ignored by the common or garden conspiracy theories on the matter shows how they dont like something that solves the problem for them. consider a cockup and cover up before a conspiracy.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just watched the C5 programme (recorded)
was it the secret service man George Hickey and was it accidental?
all comes down to who you TRUST

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Couple of interesting programmes on abc and fox last week when I was in Houston. In Texas it he memory is still raw and they get quite animated about the conspiracy theorists....

It was Veterans Day last week and I have never seen so many us flags flying...every home, every building, even intersections had flags flying! They are a very proud nation. Interesting though that Texas is the only state that is allowed to fly its flag higher that the stars and stopes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here