Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite ACTOR you have seen performing live

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This follows on from a conversation with Superphil about his disdain and dismissal of live theatre - and how I believe he's missing out on a fine art form.

So while I asked for one, I am now going to say five.

I saw a performance of 'Waiting For Godot' at the Theatre Royal in Brighton a couple of years back with Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Patrick Stewart, Simon Callow and Ronald Pickup. What a line-up.

I also saw a musical (not normally a big fan of those at all) at the National Theatre with David Suchet. It was a big song-and-dance spectacular, with Suchet in the middle. He has such a presence, you just couldn't take you eyes off him.

What about you?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
John Thaw, who hit me with his SHOE in an Arthur Miller play at the Royal Exchange when I was in the front row.

Alan Rickman, who was incredible.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ralph Fiennes.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Peter O'Toole in Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell which had its debut at the Theatre Royal prior to West End.
Extraordinarily powerful, mesmerising portrayal of a Soho legend

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I feel like my list is so pathetic. Most of the shows I see don't involve big stars. The stars that spring to mind I've seen would be:

Nicholas parsons (in the rocky horror show)
Colin baker (Peter Pan)
Griff Rhys jones (Oliver)

Then I get into less famous people...
Rolf Saxon (jerry springer opera - he's the CIA operative who works in the room tom cruise hangs into in mission impossible)
David bedelia (rocky horror show - was in casualty, maitre d in batman begins, was in the DVD/televised version of the jerry springer opera)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Derek Jacobi, Richard II,
Peter O'Toole: Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell,

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Peter O'Toole in Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell which had its debut at the Theatre Royal prior to West End.
Extraordinarily powerful, mesmerising portrayal of a Soho legend

O/T I had a fling with Jeffrey Bernard's daughter. She was fit and she was bonkers. Unsurprisingly that girl could drink. A lot. Massive tits.

Best actor live?

Anthony Hopkins reading Dylan Thomas on stage above a pub in Cardiff. He was pissed but very good.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sir Michael Gambon playing the role of Eddie Carbone in Miller's A View From The Bridge.

Masterful.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Brian Dennehy playing Wily Loman in Death of a Salesman - I have never seen so many grown men crying in the audience Very moving performance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Julie Christie at the Chichester Festival Theatre. Some really dreadful play set in the South of France, the name of which escapes me. I only went to see my first childhood crush in the flesh though, so that hardly mattered. She was still very sexy I have to say and quite tiny.

My wife assured me that Miss Christie had had some very good plastic surgery, I just laughed at her jealousy :rolleyes:

Tim Currie in the Rocky horror show many moons ago not long after the show started, loved it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here