• It's, like, OK you know

Votes: 36 19.7%
  • So-so

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • It's a bit down in the dumps

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Fading

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • It's never been this bad. Kill me now.

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
5/10.

I admire OG, TB and even PB, glad the Gus issue has been put to bed, but the football has been a bit shapeless, and the civil war at the upper echelons at the club and the sometimes bullying behaviour to people who question the official line is stretching the gap between club and fans.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good shape and rising.

The Summer is fading to memory, the injury situation is improving and the Oscar way of doing things is starting to bring the results. :albion:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
To be where we are in the league with all the injuries we have is little short of miraculous. Okay, we don't have as strong a footballing identity as we did under Gus, but with the constant, enforced team changes that's not surprising. And Oscar's willingness to give some young players a chance, especially JFC and Rohan Ince, is encouraging. I'd like to see Solly March get a few more minutes. And, of course, I may be able to buy a share in the club...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
7/10. Going in the right direction, happy with more or less everything. Shame the atmosphere in the North isn't better but apart from that all good.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
6.5/10

The Blackburn result is responsible for this. Defeats at Wigan and Bournemouth and inevitable pony performance and resulting draw at home to Barnsley on a cold Tuesday night will see this back down to 5/10

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good shape and rising, considering all the on and off-field disruption we are doing ok at the moment, and I have really enjoyed the last two games.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
After the way the North Stand stewards spoke to me last week my spirits are VERY low. I don't enjoy being spoken too when I'm doing nothing but starting chants, joining in with them and generally adding to the atmosphere. I equally don't enjoy being watched by three stewards for almost the entirety of the game, nor did the small group around me who were seemingly in the same boat.

People who know me know how long I've been attending Brighton games, I made a few at the Goldstone (I was about 9), but got my first season ticket during our Priestfield days and have been coming every year since. Tempted to make a big decision, as traveling all the way down from North London and back every week to be treated like a criminal and threatened with ejection kinda takes the wind out of your sails, so much so that while I was happy with the win - I couldn't enjoy it. When you don't enjoy wins, you have to ask what the point is.

So my mojo is fairly low, lower I'd say than it's ever been. I expect many on here would just tell me to **** off if I'm not happy, but it'd not as easy as that. It feels like I'm breaking up with a long term girlfriend at the moment, I don't want too, but I'm not enjoying the relationship I have with the club anymore. Maybe moving to a quite part of the stadium where I sit on my hands would benefit me? But I'm not convinced I'd enjoy that experience either. Maybe I need a break, I dunno. If next week is as bad, Brighton can get ''PLR'' without me, let's be honest, I'm hardly going to make much of a difference, I certainly don't feel valuable to them.

Wow, not sure where that came from. Good to get it off my chest.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good and rising; the team has punched above its weight considering the injuries, and the return of Bridcutt and imminent returns of Orlandi and Ulloa are encouraging.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After the way the North Stand stewards spoke to me last week my spirits are VERY low. I don't enjoy being spoken too when I'm doing nothing but starting chants, joining in with them and generally adding to the atmosphere. I equally don't enjoy being watched by three stewards for almost the entirety of the game, nor did the small group around me who were seemingly in the same boat.

People who know me know how long I've been attending Brighton games, I made a few at the Goldstone (I was about 9), but got my first season ticket during our Priestfield days and have been coming every year since. Tempted to make a big decision, as traveling all the way down from North London and back every week to be treated like a criminal and threatened with ejection kinda takes the wind out of your sails, so much so that while I was happy with the win - I couldn't enjoy it. When you don't enjoy wins, you have to ask what the point is.

So my mojo is fairly low, lower I'd say than it's ever been. I expect many on here would just tell me to **** off if I'm not happy, but it'd not as easy as that. It feels like I'm breaking up with a long term girlfriend at the moment, I don't want too, but I'm not enjoying the relationship I have with the club anymore. Maybe moving to a quite part of the stadium where I sit on my hands would benefit me? But I'm not convinced I'd enjoy that experience either. Maybe I need a break, I dunno. If next week is as bad, Brighton can get ''PLR'' without me, let's be honest, I'm hardly going to make much of a difference, I certainly don't feel valuable to them.

Wow, not sure where that came from. Good to get it off my chest.

Glad you've shared it - I'd be interested to hear more. I thought the general sentiment was that the fans v stewards thing had largely gone away this season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
My mojo is in good shape and rising, We've got a good coaching set up and a good squad, Results are improving, Players are starting to return from injury, The Gus situation has been resolved, The new training ground is starting to look good and the end of last season is fading nicely into the distance.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
My mojo is in good shape and rising, We've got a good coaching set up and a good squad, Results are improving, Players are starting to return from injury, The Gus situation has been resolved, The new training ground is starting to look good and the end of last season is fading nicely into the distance.

This :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good shape and rising.

The Summer is fading to memory, the injury situation is improving and the Oscar way of doing things is starting to bring the results. :albion:

Ditto.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Glad you've shared it - I'd be interested to hear more. I thought the general sentiment was that the fans v stewards thing had largely gone away this season.

Cheers Bozza, I didn't want to start a thread about it, although at the time I was tempted. I really don't want to make a sing and dance, but if the club want to know if I'm happy or not I'll tell them how I feel, as honestly as possible.

I've never, ever, had any problems with stewards before and I'm hoping the last couple of weeks is a blip while they're ''cracking down'' or whatever. The stewards have a difficult job, they don't want to have to tell me to 'keep it down', (Although they weren't as polite or non hostile as that) nor do I have any wish to spoil anybody's day - they're only doing a job and a very important one at that.

I love Brighton, I love the highs and the lows, I love seeing my family and sitting next to my brothers. If I was in the wrong here I'd keep my mouth shut but I've got a real chip on my shoulder about things I see as unjust. I'm not an unreasonable person, even if I am prone to a bit of 'rush of blood' type outbursts. It got to a stage last week where I felt if I started a chant, or joined it with something anti-palace or whatever, I'd be the one singled out and punished. It's not a great way to feel. As I say it's only the last couple of weeks, but there's a good way and a bad way to speak to fans. Going in all guns blazing and threatening ejection when a quite word would have sufficed isn't the right approach. Perhaps the steward in question mistakenly felt he had spoken to me before? But whatever, it's probably a mojo thing, in a couple of weeks I may be as happy as Larry. I'll be taking stock of a lot of things next week,

In the mean time, let's get some key players back and really see where we can go. I'm optimistic that we can have a good (and successful) season once Oscar has the whole squad at his disposal. On the pitch I'm very happy!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I ought to add that Palace making an almighty balls up of their season is a nice little bonus.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cheers Bozza, I didn't want to start a thread about it, although at the time I was tempted. I really don't want to make a sing and dance, but if the club want to know if I'm happy or not I'll tell them how I feel, as honestly as possible.

I've never, ever, had any problems with stewards before and I'm hoping the last couple of weeks is a blip while they're ''cracking down'' or whatever. The stewards have a difficult job, they don't want to have to tell me to 'keep it down', (Although they weren't as polite or non hostile as that) nor do I have any wish to spoil anybody's day - they're only doing a job and a very important one at that.

I love Brighton, I love the highs and the lows, I love seeing my family and sitting next to my brothers. If I was in the wrong here I'd keep my mouth shut but I've got a real chip on my shoulder about things I see as unjust. I'm not an unreasonable person, even if I am prone to a bit of 'rush of blood' type outbursts. It got to a stage last week where I felt if I started a chant, or joined it with something anti-palace or whatever, I'd be the one singled out and punished. It's not a great way to feel. As I say it's only the last couple of weeks, but there's a good way and a bad way to speak to fans. Going in all guns blazing and threatening ejection when a quite word would have sufficed isn't the right approach. Perhaps the steward in question mistakenly felt he had spoken to me before? But whatever, it's probably a mojo thing, in a couple of weeks I may be as happy as Larry. I'll be taking stock of a lot of things next week,

In the mean time, let's get some key players back and really see where we can go. I'm optimistic that we can have a good (and successful) season once Oscar has the whole squad at his disposal. On the pitch I'm very happy!

What actually happened? I can't believe they'd threaten to eject you for starting chants? Was this anything to do with the ejections under the police box last week? Where do you sit?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

This. Nothing to add.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fading ever so slightly and nothing a few exciting games probably won't fix.

But I think that is more my love of football in general than the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here