Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward happy to bide his time for Republic run-out [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ward happy to bide his time for Republic run-out[/h] 5:00am Friday 15th November 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2632523.jpg
Stephen Ward expects he will see action in the Republic's friendlies
Albion defender Stephen Ward is confident of a return to international action – even if he has to wait a few days.
The left-back is in the Republic of Ireland squad for friendlies against Latvia in Dublin tonight and Poland in Poznan on Tuesday.
He believes his form on loan to the Seagulls has been key to his first call-up to a Republic squad since February Ward, competing for a place with West Ham’s Joey O’Brien, said: “I’m sure they’ll want to look at everyone over the two games.
“For me it’s just nice to be back in the squad. I’ve missed them when I’ve not been in the squad. I’m just enjoying it at the moment.”
Albion’s Vitalijs Maksimenko is likely to play in defence for Latvia. Craig Conway’s chances of playing time for Scotland at home to the USA tonight have been boosted.
QPR’s Matt Phillips yesterday became the third winger to leave Gordon Strachan’s squad through injury this week.
Albion centre-back Gordon Greer is hoping for a first cap.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here