Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many managers turned us down, before we got lumbered with Oscar?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Remind me

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Clearly a wind-up! So, on your bike!

I am sure Oscar will prove himself as a good manager for us when he settles and we get our sicknotes back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Clearly a wind-up! So, on your bike!

I am sure Oscar will prove himself as a good manager for us when he settles and we get our sicknotes back.

Yes, certainly a wind up. But a bit to obvious really especially now he's turning it around.

Think you're both missing the OPs point. It's a dig at Palace.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Managers turning you down can be a good thing. Otherwise we might have got Steve Coppell rather than Poyet.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I imagine it was a bit more like the Apprentice. Candidates clambering over each other to throw themselves at Tony, who systematically and ruthlessly crushed each and every one of them before hand picking Oscar, who sobbed uncontrollably with joy for being bestowed with this honour.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
With recent results and the players he has had available to him I would say that we were not lumbered at all.
Cant wait for the injured players to return to see what Oscar can do.
It also proves that we have a good squad and may even add 1 or 2 more in January. Excited.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did question myself about 'lumbered', but then I thought 'nah it'll be ok nobody is going to miss that comedy styling', :facepalm:.

For the record I do see Oscars recruitment process similar to Giant Peach James.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I would have thought he was tapped up shortly after the March phone call. Otherwise it's a bit.........Season starts in two weeks and we don't have a Manager yet. Oh no! Tony and the board running around trying to put out their hair, which is on fire.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here