Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Birthday

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Prince Charles is 65 today, Happy Birthday Your Majesty.

:bowdown:

Anyone think now would be a good time for the Queen to abdicate?? Granted it's something of a poisined chalice after the stunningly high standards the Queen has kept and her enduring popularity but now is the time for Charles to make his mark on the Country.

He would however be an excellent King, many of his thinkings on organic farming and protecting our countryside were ahead of his time and he has done a fantastic job of winning over a public to whom for too long he has been cruelly misunderstood.In any case the Queen deserves a break after 87 years of unwielding service to the country and the Commonwaelth.

The tiny and eccentric band of Republicans need not comment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for Charles. He's having to perform the day-to-day duties of a monarch without having the title.

The Queen clearly is going to remain Queen until she dies which, given her mum died at c. 100 and other members of her family have also reached the century, means another 13-odd years left. I don't think the Queen has thought this through properly, because if she doesn't retire then it makes it impossible for Charles to retire, so the poor ******* has got to carry on working as her assistant for another 13 years until he'll be pushing 80. Then, when he'll finally get the gig, he'll be too old to enjoy it.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I thought it was a thread for me. Pah.

I've said for a long time tat I don't think he'll ever get the job. Madge will hang on for another 5 or 6 years then Wills will take over.

This... although I think that Charles be king briefly to allow Wills & Kate some "family" time before Wills takes over the family business but be open that's its not a job-for-life for him.

Queeny departs... Charlie in caretaker role... Wills next full time manager.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
no comment then!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Apparantly he's tried to go the Poyet route but unfortuntantly his Dad's been pooing in the shower for years so that didn't work

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought it was a thread for me. Pah.

I've said for a long time tat I don't think he'll ever get the job. Madge will hang on for another 5 or 6 years then Wills will take over.

But that's not likely to happen. The Queen is vehemently against abdication, and one of the reasons is the effect it had on her father when he was made king because of Edward VIII bailing out. So, given she's not going to abdicate it's hardly likely Charles is going to turn round and abdicate himself, as he'll be seen to be going against his dead mothers' wishes AND bottling it himself.

If he ever decides to abdicate he'll have to have made his mark as monarch first in order for it to be accepted. Ironically, if the Queen lives to be 100 and then Charles abdicates after 10 years of being king his abdication with coincide with the 100th anniversary of the abdication of Edward VIII.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Don't think Charles should be made king. I personally think the Queen should stay as Queen till she dies then William should take over. After all, that's what the Queen was born for to serve us.

Charles being king? It'll never happen.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I hope he chokes on his birthday cake, horrid little turd....just like his old man 'Nazi' Phil.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
But that's not likely to happen. The Queen is vehemently against abdication, and one of the reasons is the effect it had on her father when he was made king because of Edward VIII bailing out. So, given she's not going to abdicate it's hardly likely Charles is going to turn round and abdicate himself, as he'll be seen to be going against his dead mothers' wishes AND bottling it himself.

If he ever decides to abdicate he'll have to have made his mark as monarch first in order for it to be accepted. Ironically, if the Queen lives to be 100 and then Charles abdicates after 10 years of being king his abdication with coincide with the 100th anniversary of the abdication of Edward VIII.

Very possibly. I don't doubt Liz won't abdicate, she's made that very clear, but if she's around for 6 or 7 years, she'll be 90, Chas will be well over 70. He enjoys his current life which goes kapput if he takes the crown - I'm just saying, if he isn't absolutely aching to be da boss, he may decide to step aside and give Wills A long run at it. Just a feeling that's all, anything could happe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here