Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight on Talksport this afternoon to talk about his book.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Talksport have just advertised that Dick Knight will be in the Studio on the Hawkbee and Jacobs Show this afternoon to talk about his book.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They will only be interested in discovering who the "Poogate" culprit was.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What time will it be?

Normally 45 minutes or so when they first mention he is in the studio after they discuss Rooney's ingrowing toenail and how it affects the England squad , the bingo draw for the next manager at Palace and how Stevie Gerrard will take one in the ass to play against Germany.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Normally 45 minutes or so when they first mention he is in the studio after they discuss Rooney's ingrowing toenail and how it affects the England squad , the bingo draw for the next manager at Palace and how Stevie Gerrard will take one in the ass to play against Germany.

I wonder if they will ask; "do you think Rooney is world class?"

To be fair H&J are pretty good at steering clear of all that, unlike Durham and Gough, for example.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Intro says... "...get some of Dick's shares on the cheap".

Whatever the merits or demerits of the proposed offer, they are most certainly NOT "on the cheap". It values the club at £65m, which is ludicrous, given the level of debt; the fact that it is loss-making (and actively continuing to be run in the expectation of a loss for the next several years), meaning that no dividends can be made; and the fact there is no ready market to sell the shares.

I absolutely get that many fans would like one or a few in order to own a small part of the club, but in a normal business sale, it's likely that the current shareholders would have to pay a buyer to assume the debt liabilities.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's good to hear Dick's dulcet tones on national radio*.

*He does go on a bit :lolol:

That's what I thought. I got bored half way through the man of the match story. But fair play to him.

The share thing didn't get much of a mention. I can't see it happening in a million years, I'm afraid…

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well? ANYTHING interesting?

Honestly? Other than the presenters referring three times to the cheapness of the share price (which, again it is NOT), which point, to his credit, Dick did not confirm (although, he didn't contradict them either) - a big, fat, no. Nothing to see here; move on pls.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
That's what I thought. I got bored half way through the man of the match story. But fair play to him.

The share thing didn't get much of a mention. I can't see it happening in a million years, I'm afraid…

Yep, the Bill Shankly / man of the match story dragged on a bit otherwise it was ok. Perhaps he gave the impression of having a love in with Arsenal and West Ham.

Not quite the 'look at me' monologue I feared it might be. He did give a nod to Tony Bloom's generosity and also to the role of the fans in supporting the Club through the bad years. He also pointed out 90% of the shares in the Club are owned by one man and therefore the importance of fans being among the shareholders, hence his offer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He spent no time announcing where he had been on the train home tonoght

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here