Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Dick or Team Tony?

Are you 'Team Dick' or 'Team Tony'?

• Team Dick

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Team Tony

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Team stuff is nonsense. Both have done massive amounts for the Albion and should be respected.

Votes: 180 80.0%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I believe they both support the same team, Brighton and Hove Albion?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Please do not do a poll on this. It will be done I'm sure, but really what is the point. There's another thread already discussing this.

Both have played a major role in helping the Albion in very different ways.

I'm Team Albion, because in 50 years neither Dick or Tony will be here, but I strongly believe the Albion will be.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Didn't Bozza say that we shouldn't take sides just the other day?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Team both?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry for the delay - seems poll options can only be 100 characters which required extensive editing of my original 3rd option.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Exclusive: DK vs TB caught on camera

slap-fight-o.gif

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Team Tony

Lets get real dick knight did a great job saving this club, but the dream would never have come true with Tony Bloom investment

macky

Dec 28, 2004
if I had to choose either of them it would be Dick He seemed to be there when none else was I have a feeling that Tony saw a profit ??

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Can somebody please sum up the disagreement between the two of them?

My understanding is:
Dick believes no club, including us, should be controlled by one individual. Tony controls around 90%, thus upsetting Dick.
Given that Tony is an excellent owner who has done nothing to abuse the 90%, Dick's argument is moot. Were Tony to sell up and the new 90% controller be an arse then Dick's point is very valid. Hence I'm sat very on the fence.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Team Tony

Lets get real dick knight did a great job saving this club, but the dream would never have come true with Tony Bloom investment

It's a bit like the chicken and the egg I think without Dick there would have been no Tony ??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My understanding is:
Dick believes no club, including us, should be controlled by one individual. Tony controls around 90%, thus upsetting Dick.
Given that Tony is an excellent owner who has done nothing to abuse the 90%, Dick's argument is moot. Were Tony to sell up and the new 90% controller be an arse then Dick's point is very valid. Hence I'm sat very on the fence.

Show me a club in the premiership that does well as a result of having many many fan shareholders.

It's a lovely theory to think fan ownership is good, but in reality, you're much better of having a billionaire chairman than a bunch of penniless fans.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It is a real shame they are at odds with each other. I would be most happy with an amicable resolution. Both have done an immense amount for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here