Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Player manager I bet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...ystal-Palace/story-20066142-detail/story.html

IAIN DOWIE has been linked with a shock return to Crystal Palace as the search for a new manager continues.

Dowie, who managed the Eagles between 2003 and 2006 and led them to the Premier League via the Championship play-offs in 2004, has emerged as a surprise outsider for a return to Selhurst Park as the search for Ian Holloway's successor continues.

Odds on the former Northern Ireland striker, who played for Southampton, Palace and West Ham, among others have come in to as low as 16/1 with some bookmakers.

And although he is still an outsider in the running, a return to SE25 is not seemingly completely out of the question.

Dowie left Palace in 2006 after failing to achieve promotion back to the Premier League, losing out to Watford in the play-off semi-finals.

He then infuriated Eagles chairman Simon Jordan by joining rivals Charlton Athletic eight days later, while he has also since had spells as manager with Coventry City and Queens Park Rangers.

Dowie was also part of Alan Shearer's coaching staff at Newcastle United in 2009, while in 2010 he was named as the temporary 'Football Management Consultant' at Premier League side Hull City.

The 48-year-old currently works as a pundit and commentator for Sky Sports News.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Oh god please let this happen *crosses fingers*

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
My mate just snapped this outside the Crystal Palace training ground, looks like it's happening,

Sloth.jpg

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Odds coming down to as low as 16/1 with some bookmakers?! That is not low. Probably a non story

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should Mr Dowie get the job, it would mean an end to our rivalry with palace.

None of those northerners would dare come on here mouthing off, ever again.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
My understanding is that Dan Petrescu is nailed on as next boss

If he really decides to leave a Dynamo Moscow team with players like Yuri Zhirkov, Dzsudzsák, Kuranyi etc. to join relegation certs with Danny Gabbidon, Damien Delaney and that pub league striker they signed for £8 million, he must not be all there.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I understand former Inter Milan manager Andrea Stramaccioni is in the frame along with Dan Petrescu.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I understand former Inter Milan manager Andrea Stramaccioni is in the frame along with Dan Petrescu.

Everybody is in the frame according to all the reports, basically nobody has a clue. As for Dowie(which I seriously doubt), that would seriously make me feel sick but I really do not think it will happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here