Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA World Cup Kits

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Look at this absolute BEAUTY from Puma for Cameroon. Also, check out the only white guy in the country who got the modelling gig...

Cameroon2014HomeRealHeader.jpg

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hmm, it may look better when Nike come out with all their publicity shots - shirts never look that good if the first images are dodgy leaked photos.

It just seems that Nike spent all their time designing the lovely Brazil kits (3 of them!), the Dutch kits (also gorgeous) and the sleek French kit, and forgot the England shirt. I have nothing against plain white - the Umbro kit from the last World Cup was my favourite England kit of all time. It was classic and smart. But the picture above just looks, um, boring.

I hope the away shirt is better. Not that the current away shirt needs replacing - by my reconing it has only been used twice!

I hope you are right about the players - we have a very hard group to escape...

Is the England red one out yet & has the club shop got both in??

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Basically they are saying that teams should have one light coloured kit, and one dark coloured kit. It seems that kit manufacturers are interpreting this as a requirement that light shirts and dark shorts are not allowable.

I wonder what the odds are of England having an all-white first kit, and all red alternate kit?

By the way, Argentina have gone for white shorts:

Arg2014-2.jpg

I think its Already confirmed that England will wear all white and all red

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
England's kits will come in 2 versions. A 'match' version (RRP £90) and a 'stadium' version (RRP £60). I'm sure the cheaper version will be £45 in sports direct two weeks after release...

england-new-white-kit.ashx

england-new-red-kit.ashx

I like the away shirt. Simple. I like simple.

I'm not so sure about the home shirt. I do like the return to all-white though. I have always preferred England in white shorts, even though it isn't traditional.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not sure whether the England kits are 'simple' or 'bland'..

How about this for some marketing bullshit though:

“Two references really stood out during the design process for the home kit – that stunning all-white kit England wore in Mexico in 1970 and the idea of the armour of English Knights,” said Martin Lotti, Nike Football's global design director.
“You can see subtle references to the armour in the pinstripe, which carries a hint of shine, and the white satin tape on the shoulders. We wanted to add some small detail that echoed the glow of the armour worn by St George."

View attachment 52424

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why, if these stupid FIFA rules have come in, aren't the away kit shorts red?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure whether the England kits are 'simple' or 'bland'..

How about this for some marketing bullshit ?

“You can see subtle references to the armour in the pinstripe, which carries a hint of shine, and the white satin tape on the shoulders. We wanted to add some small detail that echoed the glow of the armour worn by St George

I love reading all that utter crap.

Do you think they're laughing to themselves when the write it or they actually think it sounds good?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
“Two references really stood out during the design process for the home kit – that stunning all-white kit England wore in Mexico in 1970 and the idea of the armour of English Knights,” said Martin Lotti, Nike Football's global design director.
“You can see subtle references to the armour in the pinstripe, which carries a hint of shine, and the white satin tape on the shoulders. We wanted to add some small detail that echoed the glow of the armour worn by St George."

View attachment 52424

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Why, if these stupid FIFA rules have come in, aren't the away kit shorts red?

I recon they'll have 'change' shorts available. Having said that, in a wierd fifa-rule loophole, we may not need them. In the group stanges we are likely to only need the away kit against Uruguay, who wear black shorts (not sure why they are allowed and Argentina are not...). Therefore, we'll probably get away with wearing the white shorts for that game.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
More stupid FIFA kit nonsense.

Apparently Spain's away kit (all black, florescent yellow trim) clashes with the Netherlands' home kit (Orange shirts, white shorts, orange socks). Therefore FIFA have forced Spain to develop an all-white third kit. Madness

Here are the two 'clashing' kits:

netherlands-2014.gif
spain-2014-change.gif

In my opinion, Spain's third kit actually clashes more with the Dutch kit:

spain-2014-3rd.gif

Images from historicalkits.co.uk: http://historicalkits.co.uk/international/tournaments/fifa-world-cup/2014/2014-index.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here