Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excel Help

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I have to do an order with a supplier, I have a list of products I need to order and I have a list of stores I need to order the products for but I need a consolidated list of all products against each store. Is there a quick way to do this with formula rather than manually copying and pasting the order list x number of times for each store??

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have to do an order with a supplier, I have a list of products I need to order and I have a list of stores I need to order the products for but I need a consolidated list of all products against each store. Is there a quick way to do this with formula rather than manually copying and pasting the order list x number of times for each store??

You can obviously re-order it to seperate the list by Stores.

Just highlight the whole field of data and sort by A to Z.

Alternately you add an "if" formula to say something like "IF A3=jims shop, then show B3".
drag that formula all the way down and then it should just grab all the products associated to Jims store and put them as a seperate list.

I've probably not helped there. Sorry.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I think I need more info, by the sounds of it you're ordering the same list of products for each store. Is that right?

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

Pivot Table?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think I need more info, by the sounds of it you're ordering the same list of products for each store. Is that right?

Yes, so in essence I have a colum with all of my stores in and a column with all of my products in. I need excel to then convert it into a long list with each store and all of the products against it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes, so in essence I have a colum with all of my stores in and a column with all of my products in. I need excel to then convert it into a long list with each store and all of the products against it.

All you need to do is add a filter. Firstly make sure there is a single cell gab at the top of your spreadsheet. This has to either be a gap or a header, for example "store" In the 'store' column click the colum letter (ie A). That will highlight the whole column. In the "DATA" tab select FILTER.

This will then create a drop down button next to the first cell in that column. Click on that and you can filter by any store you want. It will then show all the products linked with that store.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Stores:
Barnes
Bridcutt
Buckley

Orders:
Goal1
Goal2
Goal3

You want:

Barnes Goal1
Barnes Goal2
Barnes Goal3
Bridcutt Goal1
Bridcutt Goal2
Bridcutt Goal3
Buckley Goal1
Buckley Goal2
Buckley Goal3

?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Click the little box at the top of the page between Column 1 and row A which should have a little triangle symbol on it. This will highlight the data.

Right click and then choose ''Clear contents''

That should do it

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Stores:
Barnes
Bridcutt
Buckley

Orders:
Goal1
Goal2
Goal3

You want:

Barnes Goal1
Barnes Goal2
Barnes Goal3
Bridcutt Goal1
Bridcutt Goal2
Bridcutt Goal3
Buckley Goal1
Buckley Goal2
Buckley Goal3

?

Yes, that's exactly what I want.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sounds like a pivot table is the way to. Copy and paste special values to get the pivot as pure data. Use GoTo, Special, To fill in the blanks and then finally copy and paste the results as vaues to get a list os standalone values with no blanks. Takes about 45 seconds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here