Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham foot/cycle bridge opens today!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Massive news for Shoreham beach residents..but why is the Duke of Gloucester the geezer doing performing the opening ceremony?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Massive news for Shoreham beach residents..but why is the Duke of Gloucester the geezer doing performing the opening ceremony?

For an extra tenner they could have had Leo Sayer.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Currently walking round Shoreham Beach....was at the opening ceremony and will try to upload some photos from my Android. ..have tried before without success...so we'll see..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Currently walking round Shoreham Beach....was at the opening ceremony and will try to upload some photos from my Android. ..have tried before without success...so we'll see..

Likewise.. I have taken som pics and will try to upload later..its quite splendid..fireworks later

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
It seems to have been finished for some time except that we had to wait on the convenience of a minor royal to be able to use it. If they wanted to have a politicians "bun fight" to christen it why not let it be used as soon as it was ready and have the official opening when the "celebrity" was available? I believe the bridge was supposed to be finished in September but was delayed as most projects are. If it had been finished on time would it have been idle for two months? Not to mention the cost of the shuttle bus which I note was still running late this afternoon.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
DSC_0097-1.jpg

Nice view from bridge late afternoon

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Bet the Waterside pub are rubbing their hands absolutely mobbed in there tonight
It's been done out as well ( lovely few pints of San Miguel tonight)at last a decent pub in shoreham showing the footie now within staggering home distance

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bet the Waterside pub are rubbing their hands absolutely mobbed in there tonight
It's been done out as well ( lovely few pints of San Miguel tonight)at last a decent pub in shoreham showing the footie now within staggering home distance

the bridge closes each evening at 10pm

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent my favourite walk is back on the agenda - down the Adur from the Red Lion, over Norfolk Bridge, past the house boats, back across the Adur into town then home.

Happy days

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Excellent my favourite walk is back on the agenda - down the Adur from the Red Lion, over Norfolk Bridge, past the house boats, back across the Adur into town then home.

Happy days

Same here
Buckley the dog can't wait either - Tis a very nice walk with a couple of pit stops en route

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here