Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you buy a BHA share from Dick Knight?

Will you buy any of Dick's BHA shares?

• No, I will not.

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • Yes. I will purchase one share so I can own a part of the club I love.

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • I will purchase more than 1 share (please state why).

Votes: 38 27.0%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Interested to see the sentiment on here...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I can buy £20 worth, WITHOUT having to buy the book, and they can get the certificate to me before xmas, then YES, I'm IN.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would any Albion fan not want the book?

Agree with you on the Christmas thing though, if he can get the certificates out by then these shares are an ideal present.

I'll borrow it from someone and read it, or maybe buy it for £5 in a few months time.

Everything interesting in it, will be dissected on here anyway.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'll have one. I won't attend AGMs though, unless something extraordinary comes up on the agenda, like selling the stadium to developers.

Dec 29, 2011
I'll have one. I won't attend AGMs though, unless something extraordinary comes up on the agenda, like selling the stadium to developers.

I don't get what difference attending would make. If Bloom wanted to sell it he could, he has a controlling percentage.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I will, if possible, buy 100.

Shareholders with 100 or more shares can with the cooperation of 99 other 100 share holders call for a meeting with the directors.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If Knight is selling the shares out of spite to inconvenience the club, no. If it doesn't inconvenience the club in any way, yes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would buy some because of the warm feeling of owning a teeny weeny small part of MY football club, for no reason other than that.

I guess I'd do the same for each of my kids too.

I would prefer to buy from the club so that the money directly benefited the club, although I appreciate it would be a very small drop in what is now a very big ocean in terms of the club's present-day finances.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I don't get what difference attending would make. If Bloom wanted to sell it he could, he has a controlling percentage.

Won't make any difference at all, but I think it would be morally wrong not to voice my displeasure if something was proposed that I didn't like and wanted to stop - a bit (but not that much) like booing when an opposition player takes a penalty.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
No. As much as Mr Dick Knight is a legend, I have to question his motives. Besides, owning one share, ten, one hundred; It's pretty much pointless, you'll have no say. You will literally just get that "warm feeling of owning a teeny weeny small part of MY football club," which I suppose is it's own reward. Not for me though.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I would buy some because of the warm feeling of owning a teeny weeny small part of MY football club, for no reason other than that.

I would prefer to buy from the club so that the money directly benefited the club, although I appreciate it would be a very small drop in what is now a very big ocean in terms of the club's present-day finances.

My sentiments entirely.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
(I really don't believe any of us will be able to buy any of Dick's shares however)

I am guessing the same - I will be very surprised if there isn't a requirement for shareholders to offer any shares for sale first to existing shareholders in line with their holding.

I may be wrong but if this is the case then I think TB will do everything possible to stop the shares from falling into the hands of fans.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'll buy a few , just because really :) little , teeny part of the club like.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But you wouldn't be buying from the club..it would be from a shareholder (say Bloom for example).. Unless they issued new shares that is.. as a way of raising capital

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here