Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public donations to the Philipines.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Quite simply what is the preffered option to ensure the my donation goes to where it counts ? Simply in a £10 donation i want £9-90 (ok you can take 10p for costs) to feed,clothe and shelter these people. I can't be alone. :wave:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One of the most tragic disasters of our time. Just shows the ones who contribute the least to climate change suffer the most...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I donated today via the DEC website above. Do it online and you can do the Gift aid option so that more goes to charity. I think that now is not the time to worry about which charity is more efficient than another. The scale of this disaster is such that action is critical NOW.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just give, whatever you can afford they will know how best to spend it...........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...-money-at-Britains-biggest-aid-charities.html

I know that it is unconnected but if you were to Google " Head teacher salaries " you will find that at the upper end of the scale they can earn more than the highest paid directors of the national charities mentioned. Maybe we should stop sending our kids to school until this is rectified ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You know it ain't that,but you wonder whether your 'diver' is better spent if went now to some rough spot with a few hot cuppu soaps and bread ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
One of the most tragic disasters of our time. Just shows the ones who contribute the least to climate change suffer the most...

I'd love to see your scientific evidence that this storm is a direct (or indirect) result of Manmade climate change?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You know it ain't that,but you wonder whether your 'diver' is better spent if went now to some rough spot with a few hot cuppu soaps and bread ?

If that's your worry then leave your conscience here and wander off to another thread.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I know that it is unconnected but if you were to Google " Head teacher salaries " you will find that at the upper end of the scale they can earn more than the highest paid directors of the national charities mentioned. Maybe we should stop sending our kids to school until this is rectified ?

You're right it is unconnected, although I understand that some footballers can earn more than some head teachers, but I wouldn't advocate not going to football. I am sure you will agree.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You're right it is unconnected, although I understand that some footballers can earn more than some head teachers, but I wouldn't advocate not going to football. I am sure you will agree.

Thousands of people have been killed, maybe hundreds of thousands have lost their homes......And your point ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

More to the point is why do the highest paid directors of the national charities get paid so much

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Vegster,you know that is not the case. Do me a favour. I just want my £ to get to those that need it. ASAP.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Vegster,you know that is not the case. Do me a favour. I just want my £ to get to those that need it. ASAP.

You do what your conscience allows, don't ask me what's best.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's the third largest Catholic country in the world with 80% of the nation being Catholic and the Catholic Church is one of the largest investors in Filipino industries. It's got a stake worth $400M alone in the Bank of the Philippines, for instance. Not so unconnected, I think.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
More to the point is why do the highest paid directors of the national charities get paid so much

You are barking up the wrong tree.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Quite simply what is the preffered option to ensure the my donation goes to where it counts ? Simply in a £10 donation i want £9-90 (ok you can take 10p for costs) to feed,clothe and shelter these people. I can't be alone. :wave:

Tearfund don't take out very much for administration, & try to get the maximum possible to where it's needed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here