Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FOOTBALL LEAGUE COLUMN: Things are Brighton-ing up on the south coast as...

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This article nicely reflects the glimmers of optimism we have started to allow ourselves over the last week or two. Its not perfect on the pitch for sure, but I think that getting to the top 8-10 at Christmas will see us in a good position to fly in the 2nd half of the season,.... fingers crossed.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The pictures are good.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've taken 7 points from 9. Hardly a great insight as to why people are more optimistic.

Wigan and Bournemouth away to come, then a home game against Barnsley. Two points max from that lot (because the Barnsley game is midweek) and we'll be in 15th place again! Naturally, I hope I'm wrong!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"Perhaps it was no coincidence that Brighton and Hove Albion turned in arguably their best performance of the season just a day after news of Gus Poyet dropping his legal case against the club filtered through."

Fairly sure it was a coincidence...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
2 pts behind where we were at this point last season with an injury list a mile long and a change of management over the summer. I think the article fails to do justice to exactly how well we've struggled through so far this season.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The article is absolute lazy rubbish.

Trying to make out it is all the clubs fault for what happened to Gus and nothing that he has done. They are making out the fact he dropped his case he is doing us a favour, it does not cross their minds that maybe it's because he would not have won and the club was correct.

The CEO of the club has just won a award for the running of the club over all others. It seems that we were only a laughing stock to the stupid media and not by people who know how clubs are run.

Also Tony employed Gus because of the style of football he would bring. Why would he then employ someone who would undo three and half years progress? He is not an idiot.

Really if the fans were that pissed of with what happened, why is our attendance bigger then last year?

Total tosh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We've taken 7 points from 9. Hardly a great insight as to why people are more optimistic.

Wigan and Bournemouth away to come, then a home game against Barnsley. Two points max from that lot (because the Barnsley game is midweek) and we'll be in 15th place again! Naturally, I hope I'm wrong!

Should be able to draw at Wigan if we managed it at QPR and Reading. Three points is a must against Barnsley. Bournemouth? Who knows against that lot.

From the Daily Mail? Surely you jest?

:lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Really if the fans were that pissed of with what happened, why is our attendance bigger then last year?

Total tosh.

Well, the attendance figures are bigger than last year. But all those empty seats in the crowd v Blackburn ...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The article is absolute lazy rubbish.

Trying to make out it is all the clubs fault for what happened to Gus and nothing that he has done. They are making out the fact he dropped his case he is doing us a favour, it does not cross their minds that maybe it's because he would not have won and the club was correct.

The CEO of the club has just won a award for the running of the club over all others. It seems that we were only a laughing stock to the stupid media and not by people who know how clubs are run.

Also Tony employed Gus because of the style of football he would bring. Why would he then employ someone who would undo three and half years progress? He is not an idiot.

Total tosh.
Well said.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the gist of the article is right.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I am surprised they did not reference how Princess Diana used to stand on the East Terrace until she was kidnapped by immigrants and terrorists in the middle or the harshest winter the South Coast had ever witnessed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here