Gus - beginning of a thaw?

zego

Jul 10, 2003
On the Club website, just came across this:

BHAFC - League table - The View at 12-Nov-2013 v1a.jpg

Click on THE VIEW, and get:

THE VIEW

Gus.jpg

"People rate us higher than what we think. You can see that from the way teams play at the Amex." Gus Poyet
Sat
25 Aug 2012

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Surprising that nobody thinks this worth a comment.

If City had won, they would now be in 3rd place, and Sunderland would still be bouncing along the bottom of the table.

So Gus's hand-me-down motley crew of no-hopers made the-other-Manchester look very shabby, whilst OG's bolstered play-off semi-finalists are loitering in 11th.

How can that be possible?

Answers on a postcard ...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

If City had won, they would now be in 3rd place, and Sunderland would still be bouncing along the bottom of the table.

So Gus's hand-me-down motley crew of no-hopers made the-other-Manchester look very shabby, whilst OG's bolstered play-off semi-finalists are loitering in 11th.

It's been covered and discussed very much so I don't know what point you're making. OG joined in inauspicious circumstances and then had had to deal with the worst injury crisis our club has ever had. We are only two points worse if than last year. That's a great achievement.

Are you palace by any chance?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Look shabby? 24 shots on goal to 5 and 63% possession. It was just one of those days for city. If they played them another 10 times they'd barely lose a point. Good for Gus but no basis for an argument, especially as we've lost 2 in 10 and won the last two under Oscar, and with half a team. Very strange argument.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I fear that when the time comes for Gus to bring a team to play another game at the Amex against us, there will actually be some utter dicks in our support who see fit to boo him. :nono:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Perhaps we could answer that at the end of the season and maybe the placings will look very different

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I fear that when the time comes for Gus to bring a team to play another game at the Amex against us, there will actually be some utter dicks in our support who see fit to boo him. :nono:

I watched with interest his animation on the side of the pitch on Sunday and compared it with his inactivity sat sulking in his chair for the last games of the season with us and not to labour the point noticed that when he had two men sent off previously he didn't go absent for 45 minutes in a tantrum as he did when we were two men down against Burnley at home. Its like looking at a different man. However I do feel that this side will emerge, remember Di Canio s success when he first went to Sunderland. I'm not an utter dick, I see him as disloyal to his players, supporters and the club, a man with no sense of dignity, loyalty or responsibility. he will be found out at some stage, i'm patient and would love to draw the 'Black Cats' in the FA Cup at home!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I watched with interest his animation on the side of the pitch on Sunday and compared it with his inactivity sat sulking in his chair for the last games of the season with us and not to labour the point noticed that when he had two men sent off previously he didn't go absent for 45 minutes in a tantrum as he did when we were two men down against Burnley at home. Its like looking at a different man. However I do feel that this side will emerge, remember Di Canio s success when he first went to Sunderland. I'm not an utter dick, I see him as disloyal to his players, supporters and the club, a man with no sense of dignity, loyalty or responsibility. he will be found out at some stage, i'm patient and would love to draw the 'Black Cats' in the FA Cup at home!

Quite.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Excellent summary of his character.

We enjoyed a brief, thrilling fling with a charismatic stranger but secretly feared it was inevitably that we'd be thrown over by an untrustworthy character with no integrity at his core.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here