Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Would Our Football Authority Act?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24899997

An investigation has begun after an Italian third division match was called off amid allegations of death threats and a team being reduced to six men.
Salernitana were hosting Nocerina on Sunday in the game in question.

The away team's fans were banned and reportedly threatened their own players about taking part.
Nocerina made three substitutions in the opening two minutes and five players went off injured before the match was called off after 21 minutes.

"The debacle has received extensive coverage in the Italian media. Nocerina is based in the town of Nocera Inferiore, and one newspaper wryly pointed out that there has been a history of trouble with fans from the area - dating back to the days of ancient Rome.

The club's sporting director Luigi Pavarese said: "The lads went onto the pitch without warming up, which caused the injuries."

Apart from the guff produced by their sporting director, do you reckon 'lads' was a direct translation?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd say it was a direct translation of "ragazzi", which they often use, meaning boys or lads.

Interesting, thank you. I know it is all relative, but doesn't ragazzi sound so much better than lad?

My knowledge of the Italian language is poveri.

I thought C4's Gazzetta football was named as such in support for Gazza and Golaccio was in fact "Go Laaaaazzzziooooooo". A bit biased, I felt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here