Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes Football Genius

Feb 14, 2010
Is Barnes the new Crumplin? Either way, those who like Barnes can sing this one, and those who don't can also sing it in the old School ironic, comedy way. Then who knows, Barnes might just become like Crumps a cult hero..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I felt as strongly anti Crumplin as so many feel about Barnes these days. Comparing a player who was as limited as JC to AB is an insult, but the I'm sure the op knows this :rolleyes:

Feb 14, 2010
I felt as strongly anti Crumplin as so many feel about Barnes these days. Comparing a player who was as limited as JC to AB is an insult, but the I'm sure the op knows this : rolleyes:

Not really Icy Gull, Ive hardly seen Barnes as I only pop along a few times a season these days. Its more the idea of giving Barnes a song that everyone can join in with, and inject something that seems to be lacking from football these days - humour. Crumps ended up a cult hero, so I cant see that Football Genius, whilst started in jest, did him any harm!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A song for Barnes

Barnesy Barnesy give us a goal or two
He’s half crazy his balls are turning blue
He might miss a stylish volley
Hit the post and cross bar too
But he’ll be sweet
Get on the goal sheet
And he’ll try trip a ref or two.

Not perfect but a start.

I'm ready for the fallout :shootself

Feb 14, 2010
A song for Barnes

Barnesy Barnesy give us a goal or two
He’s half crazy his balls are turning blue
He might miss a stylish volley
Hit the post and cross bar too
But he’ll be sweet
Get on the goal sheet
And he’ll try trip a ref or two.

Not perfect but a start.

I'm ready for the fallout :shootself

Bloody hell mate.. what about keep it simple.. "Ashley Barnes Football Genius", repeat 4 times and then have a chuckle.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I felt as strongly anti Crumplin as so many feel about Barnes these days. Comparing a player who was as limited as JC to AB is an insult, but the I'm sure the op knows this :rolleyes:

Same limited player who marked John Barnes out of the game twice. I don't think he was that bad.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Get rid in January. His article in the Argus made me vomit. Scored 2 goals and wants a new contract. Bye Barnes and good riddance.

Feb 14, 2010
Same limited player who marked John Barnes out of the game twice. I don't think he was that bad.

Agreed at right back he was OK. It was as a winger that he was, well er lets forget that particular memory. Other great moment was the Crumps header against Leeds, the year they had Strachan, Jones and they brought 10,000. The north stand boombed out Johny Crumplin Football Genius and meant it that day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here