Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Foxes

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I really like foxes. I love seeing them about. I don't mind them pooing outside my house. I don't mind the noise they make. They are beautiful, intelligent, resourceful creatures and I find them fascinating.

However. A family of them seems to have moved in under part of our house (timber construction, suspended floors) and everything I've read and heard about this suggests that this is not a good idea. Aside from being unhygienic, and noisy, there is the issue of chewed pipes and cables and possible structural damage.

Anyone got any experience of this? Obviously killing the animals isn't an option, trapping them isn't practical ... they need to be persuaded to leave. But how?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Urinate around your garden, especially around where they go in and out of their den, do it often, apparently they don't like male human wee. I do it round my garden and it seems to keep them away, or at least I don't have any fox problems.

Monkey Man

Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Urinate around your garden, especially around where they go in and out of their den, do it often, apparently they don't like male human wee.

Thanks, I'm going to try that. Only problem is the access is via a neighbour's garden and to get to the entrance the foxes have made I need to crawl under a fairly aggressive hedge.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Knock on the neighbours door?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
They mate on my trampoline every night during the summer, it's like one bloody great big feral orgy out there, and Heaven help you if you dare turn the sprinklers on :annoyed:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Urinate around your garden, especially around where they go in and out of their den, do it often, apparently they don't like male human wee. I do it round my garden and it seems to keep them away, or at least I don't have any fox problems.

If that doesn't work then try defecating at various points surrounding your property, that is sure to work.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

If that doesn't work then try defecating at various points surrounding your property, that is sure to work.

Knock on the neighbours door?

I'm not sure the neighbours will answer, if he follows the previous advice. The police might knock on his door though.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm getting a deerhound greyhound cross shortly. Foxes are supposed to be a little bit wary of them - I can send you some of his wee and poo to spread around your house if you want?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Agree. I had foxes make a home under my shed, pissed in a can and threw it around every day. They were gone in 2 weeks and never returned

Monkey Man

Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Right. The day began by pouring my own piss into my neighbour's garden, right into the entrance hole under my house.

This afternoon, several rags were liberally doused with Scoot at max concentration and poked as deep into the burrow as I could get them. I also made a grille over the hole with canes - the foxes can still get out (and in) but it will help me monitor movements over the coming days or weeks - they'll be repositioned by me every day until they're no longer disturbed. Then we start thinking about concrete.

Scoot then sprayed all along their exit route. Just time for another wee into the hole and it's time to sit back and wait.

Sounds like a lot of effort but less so than removing all my floorboards, as some websites recommend.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm getting a deerhound greyhound cross shortly. Foxes are supposed to be a little bit wary of them - I can send you some of his wee and poo to spread around your house if you want?

If this doesn't work I can send you some of my wee and poo if you like?

Mabye if we have an NSC meet up in Monkey Man's back garden and all have a go pissing and shitting somewhere - they'll never go near it again :thumbsup:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Get yourself a lion, they won't go anywhere near your garden then. Im thinking of getting one to patrol the front of the rockery to stop those pesky foxes digging up my grass in search of chafer grubs and leatherjackets !!!!!! Hopefully the squirrels (who ate in the region of 30,000 newly planted spring bulbs last year) and the resident heron might think twice about coming back !!!!!!

LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here