Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett - respect

Cambs Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
one of very few I'd welcome back.

The winger posted a tweet on his @Ebenno88 account saying: “For Remembrance Sunday I will donate 11p for every retweet of this to @HelpforHeroes until 11am when we remember our heroes.”

By 11am, some 24,800 people had retweeted, which meant the footballer donated £2,800. He split his donation between Help For Heroes and the Royal British Legion.

Fellow Norwich City player Josh Murphy tweeted: “That’s why I love @Ebenno88 such a great role model and professional! A lot of what he does goes unnoticed! Truly a great guy!”

Bennett, 24, who signed for the Canaries from Brighton in 2011, is currently out injured until next year.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Did he do that in response to Connor Wickham saying he'd donate 10p for every retweet of his?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would be nice if more players made such generous and helpful gestures. Nice one EB!!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Did he do that in response to Connor Wickham saying he'd donate 10p for every retweet of his?

Does it matter? I don't mean that rudely, it's just irrelevant whether he followed a dozen other people doing the same thing. In fact we can only hope for more people to do something similar. It's not likely to be a cynical ploy to get "one over" other Twitter users, and if it is then so what if all proceeds benefit a worthy cause?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Does it matter? I don't mean that rudely, it's just irrelevant whether he followed a dozen other people doing the same thing. In fact we can only hope for more people to do something similar. It's not likely to be a cynical ploy to get "one over" other Twitter users, and if it is then so what if all proceeds benefit a worthy cause?

I wasn't suggesting it was cynical, I just wondered why he said 11p and not 10p, and I've only just clicked that it is because of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. Good on him.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Well done Elliott. Top bloke.

A player who im sure would get a fantastic reception whenever he returns to play against us.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I wasn't suggesting it was cynical, I just wondered why he said 11p and not 10p, and I've only just clicked that it is because of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. Good on him.

Fair enough, good point. It was a brilliant gesture regardless.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Always destined for greater things, really enjoyed him as a player here.

Why on earth Wolves failed to see the talent he had is perhaps why they are where they are now.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great gesture.

That aside he is easily one of my all time favourite Albion players. So much class, he was a joy to watch in our side.

Credit Slade for seeing the potential and credit Gus for maximusing that potential with us.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's not the first time he's helped out with charities. When he went back to Telford for his wedding, he was helping the food bank,a couple of days beforehand.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Top fella is Benno. Up there with Inigo Calderon, John Keeley and Kieran O'Reagan in the pantheon of my all time favourites.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here