Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad Manners & Midge Ure live at the Ropetackle Shoreham

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Not on the same night but both appearing live in Shoreham in April 2014
At last the small venue is getting some decent acts ( if you grew up in the 80s)

Got my tickets for Bad Manners, always a brilliant night out
Lorraine
Lip up fatty
Special brew
Ne ne na NA NA nu nu
Walking in the sunshine
Just a feeling
Inner London violence
My girl lollipop/ can can
Suicide
So if you fancy a nutty night out get yer cherry red Dr Martins on and start stomping :clap: image.jpg

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Saw Hayseed Dixie there last night. Fantastic band and a sold out crowd.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
So if you fancy a nutty night out get yer cherry red Dr Martins on and start stomping

I love Special Brew.

A word of warning though. Last Christmas - the Brighton Beach Boys played there. I thought pre-Christmas, Beach Boys hits, it is going to be a dance. Nope. It was all seated, with people shuffling in their seats. Nightmare.

So - it may be worth contacting the Ropetackle and suggesting that it is best standing.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Saw Hayseed Dixie there last night. Fantastic band and a sold out crowd.

Is that an ACDC tribute band :)

Went to see FROM THE JAM there earlier this year as well, it's definitely turning into a better music venue now when it first opened it was very Arty Farty

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I love Special Brew.

A word of warning though. Last Christmas - the Brighton Beach Boys played there. I thought pre-Christmas, Beach Boys hits, it is going to be a dance. Nope. It was all seated, with people shuffling in their seats. Nightmare.

So - it may be worth contacting the Ropetackle and suggesting that it is best standing.

It is all standing like it was at FROM THE JAM, the venue as suddenly seen the light and in order to stay open is finally entertaining the masses

Edit
Anyway I think it would be damn near impossible to sit down while watching Bad Manners :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
They live at the Ropetackle?

Have they fallen on hard times?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
They live at the Ropetackle?

Have they fallen on hard times?

They normally play every Xmas time (well for the last 2/3 years they have ) at CONCORDE 2, so haven't been playing at massive venues for a while but is always a brilliant night out and highly recommended by T Soprano :thumbsup:

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It is all standing like it was at FROM THE JAM, the venue as suddenly seen the light and in order to stay open is finally entertaining the masses

Edit
Anyway I think it would be damn near impossible to sit down while watching Bad Manners :)
I Think From the Jam are playing Concorde 2 in December.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
When they released CAN CAN at the time it wasn't my favourite song they put out but when they play it live now it certainly gets the crowd jumping :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
saw Bad Manners in Jenkinson's Bar in the early 80's (?) - big punch up with BB and band threatening to walk out if the NF continued to disrupt the show!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here