Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF announces funding for Brighton and Hove Albion Power Chair Football Club

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund has agreed a two-year sponsorship package with Brighton and Hove Albion Powerchair team - committing £8,500 a year to the club.

The money will help fund coaching, travel, kit and affiliation costs associated with the running of the team, which completes in the WFA Premier League.

Brighton and Hove Albion Powerchair Football Club offers wheelchair users the chance to compete at a national level and the team has two training sessions a week. The squad was promoted from the WFA National League last season and earlier this year one of its players, Matt Francis, was invited to take part in an England training camp at St George's Park.

As part of the deal players will wear the REMF logo on their team tracksuits and polo shirts and the charity's logo will also appear on the back of the players' game chairs.

And the REMF has also agreed a £500 donation to St Gertrudes FC - a club in South Croydon. The money will be spent on a new set of goal posts and other new equipment.

REMF chairman Tony Langridge said: "I hope all who support the REMF will agree that these are two more worthy causes for us to be involved with and, hopefully, the fund will continue to receive the fabulous support of NSC and its members, now and in the future.

"Any donation or support that the REMF provides, gives an enormous amount of pleasure and satisfaction to everyone concerned with the REMF.

"When you can see the difference it makes to individuals concerned, this really is the icing on the cake and just cannot be measured. It also means a great deal to me personally, as chairman, to be able to show and demonstrate to all of our supporters, how we're able to dispense the funds that have been raised with their magnificent help."

Last edited:

Mar 9, 2013
Found out about this on Sunday and can't say thank you enough. I play in the team with Matt, Seb, Freddie,Jadie,Gregg and this will help massively. This is our third year playing in the national league, but we started with half cut car tyres with sessions run by AITC at portslade. Three years ago we joined the national league and found our feet. Second season we ran away with the Championship and got promotion to the Premier League. This season we are doing ok. Lots to learn but learning and training hard. Target is to stay up and hopefully we will. There are a lot of teams affiliated with football clubs and we play the likes of Forrest, Reading, Norwich, Middlesborough, Villa etc. No palace, although Greenwich come close!

thanks again REMF.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't believe for one minute Buckleys Sore hamstring wrote this...perhaps his "knee" did? ;)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Great news this. The REMF has now donated £ 65200 to worthy causes in the last 3 years and raised over £ 150000 since 2001. Well done everyone.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To anyone inspired by the REMF it is not too late to help the Bike Team make their £ 5000 and 100% target before the link goes from Justgiving shortly to a rider of your choice. Thanks US/GG http://www.justgiving.com/teams/REMF2013BikeRide

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks to Bozza for his amazing contribution to get the REMF Bike Ride team to 100% of target and mine 809%. All those miles. climb and pain was worth it. I am very happy tonight :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here