Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince - once Bridcutt's back fully

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone else like the idea of Ince playing a bit more advanced, in a Yaya Toure style role driving through the opposition midfield? For me he isn't a natural DM as you want your calmest and neatest player there, and whilst he has impressed, I don't think his attributes naturally suit this position. He's got pace and strength, let the lad run I say.

Thoughts?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The sight of Rohan Ince picking up the ball on the edge of our box and driving 60 yards into the opposition half with pace and power makes me happy in my pants.

With a bit more experience and development he'll be our version of Patrick Viera

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think Agustien when he's fit again and more consistent is arguably better but Ince certainly looks like he could hold his own there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure he has the range of passing or the vision to become that sort of player. As a holding midfielder I think he can become a very good player indeed...

I don't think he's particularly skilful, agreed, but he is very strong, direct and quick, with a good engine. He could suit being the middlest midfielder in a middle 3. Middle. Box to box.

I'm not convinced he has the composure, intelligence, neatness and positional sense to be a DM. He would suit having just slightly less positional discipline required of him. In my opion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyone else like the idea of Ince playing a bit more advanced, in a Yaya Toure style role driving through the opposition midfield? For me he isn't a natural DM as you want your calmest and neatest player there, and whilst he has impressed, I don't think his attributes naturally suit this position. He's got pace and strength, let the lad run I say.

Thoughts?

I do yes, powerful, direct, big, and strong, still only 21 so early days and maybe yet to find his absolute best position, but given time l can really see him running the midfield. Very similar in size and stature to his uncle Eric Young, yet a completely different kind of player.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Those two runs he made on Saturday whilst impressive in their power were also quite funny. He reached a point in both runs where you could almost see his thoughts written on his face: Oh phuck, what do I do now FFS?

Having said that, he's going to be a very good player for us.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I like him, I think he breaks up play well and uses his strengh well, however I do not think his touch and range of passing are enough to move him further forward. If he keeps it simple, he will do well for us IMO. it was nice to see him running at players though, who the **** would want to tackle that.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
4-2-3-1
Calderon, Upson, Greer, Ward

Ince, Bridcutt

Orlandi , Caskey, Buckley

ULLOA

Going for the Mourinho Chelsea approach, with Ince & Bridcutt sitting in front of back 4 like Ramires & Lampard and like Lampard as with Ince just a bit more licence to push more forward
With CASKEY ORLANDI & BUCKLEY( our Oscar, Willien & Hazard )making up the other 3 midfield places and ULLOA(our Eto)up top
AUTOMATIC PROMOTION will be assured :thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
4-2-3-1

Ince, Bridcutt

ULLOA

Going for the Mourinho Chelsea approach, with Ince & Bridcutt sitting in front of back 4 like Ramires & Lampard and like Lampard as with Ince just a bit more licence to push more forward
With CASKEY ORLANDI & BUCKLEY( our Oscar, Willien & Hazard )making up the other 3 midfield places and ULLOA(our Eto)up top

:drool: If only!!

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
Originally Posted by T soprano View Post
4-2-3-1

Ince, Bridcutt

ULLOA

AUTOMATIC PROMOTION will be assured

If only!!

Yes Yes Yes .... Dream Team :clap::clap::banana::banana::O:O

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
4-2-3-1

Ince, Bridcutt

ULLOA

I would normally disagree with having JFC and Orlandi both in the side at the same time, particularly at the expense of CMS or KLL. However, you have a picture of your dog in an Albion shirt posing with a football as your avatar, so I'll have to go with your starting 11.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Thoughts?

I thoroughly concur. I was hoping that when LB came on on Satdi for the ineffectual Spanish Dave, he would go into the centre of the park with Crofts & start pushing us up the pitch. I understand why that didn't happen (honest!) but I really hope he's given that role once Bridders is match fit, as I reckon he'd be great in a Yaya-esque role. The kid's a real talent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Thoughts?

Everyone wanted us to buy Liam Trotter. Perhaps Rohan has saved us the bother.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'd love to be Ince's agent. I'd have it written into his contract little demands just like pop stars have. At the end of the negotiations I'd pull out the list and say "and these are the riders of Rohan". I'd definitely do that.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012

Thoughts?

this could work. on the occasions he has ventured forward, he has looked dangerous. it won't work, him and bridcutt holding together (i thought it was funny v blackburn when liam was telling him to get away from him) but as you say letting him loose a bit could be interesting!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here