Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet: best win of my career

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Well the OP has titled the thread "best win", while what Poyet actually said was "biggest win", which is subtly but importantly different..
Anyway, perhaps they're both typos and he meant "last win".

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
It's just a swipe at Bloom as he feels he lost the poker by giving up the court case.

forget him, he's a big mouth.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I think this is a swipe at us.. well the board anyway... but it is upsetting for us fans as well. He just cant stop himself.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Well the OP has titled the thread "best win", while what Poyet actually said was "biggest win", which is subtly but importantly different..
Anyway, perhaps they're both typos and he meant "last win".

sorry about that.. but best win, biggest win.. Does Gus's command of the English language allow him to appreciate he semantic difference. I think he was just being spiteful.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
of course he is going to say that, Jesus Christ, he's hardly going to say

eeeeees complicated, it is a big win, but beating Sheffield Wednesday :lol: is by far my biggest win

but he doesnt need to say it eh? Some sensitivity would be nice. But he just cant help himself.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's biggest and best. It's a Premier League match against one of the title faves. Fair play to him.

He's moved on. Can't we?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think this is a swipe at us.. well the board anyway... but it is upsetting for us fans as well. He just cant stop himself.

:lolol: You are joking, right?

It probably is the biggest win in a pure footballing sense when comparing his team with his opponents. Man City beat Norwich 7-0 last week.

I would guess Aguero pretty much cost the same as the whole of the Sunderland starting 11.

Brilliant win for Sunderland and make Palace look even further adrift.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
It's biggest and best. It's a Premier League match against one of the title faves. Fair play to him.

He's moved on. Can't we?

but thats just the point.. he hasnt moved on, becasue this is a deliberate swipe at us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Agreed, I am now very upset, and this has potentially ruined the whole of the day, if not the week.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
but thats just the point.. he hasnt moved on, becasue this is a deliberate swipe at us.

What?! Of course it's the biggest win of his career.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
:lolol: You are joking, right?

It probably is the biggest win in a pure footballing sense when comparing his team with his opponents. Man City beat Norwich 7-0 last week.

I would guess Aguero pretty much cost the same as the whole of the Sunderland starting 11.

Brilliant win for Sunderland and make Palace look even further adrift.

Four years with us... Four games with Sunderland.

But thats the biggest win of his career.. Not titles or promotion. A lucky win against Man City?

Nah.. he is having a go at us.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I saw GUS do a FIST PUMP when Sunderland scored.

He used to do that when WE SCORED.

And he wore a suit.

He used to do that with US as well

He can't help himself.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

"I am very proud, very tired like I played the game. If you can see the players standing on the bench everyone was like they were playing the game that is how much it means to us.

"The proudest time is when you are able to keep a clean sheet against a team like Man City. A team who did not keep a clean sheet before, It is perfection.

Is it match number one in your career?

"It has to be because of the rival, their position and the difference in the squad. We need to make sure we all believe. We showed plenty of things, passing the ball, being brave, understanding danger, defending, putting bodies on line."

which bit of that is the deliberate swipe at us?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

He's moved on. Can't we?

Spot on and anyone too stupid or too much up their own arse should live in the real world!. Gus was great for us and we were great for him but we now live in different times and we have all moved on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here