Barnes wants to stay long-term

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good news. Hopefully all of the squad want to stay.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10799471.Barnes_wants_to_stay_long_term/?ref=twt

A couple of things:-

- Funny how players want to stay long term after scoring a brace, but no mention of it before.
- Argus/Ashley, if you take a penalty in front of the away fans, they will boo, you will hear it.
- Why have 5 Barnes threads, when you can have 6!!

I'm sure he knows the ground well enough to pick out the boos from the home supporters as well. It's been discussed on here about our own fans booing him, so if we heard it, why shouldn't he?

For me, these are the most interesting bits:

“I want to be here for as many years as possible but I need to be given the opportunity to be here and obviously it’s the people upstairs that make that decision.

“I am just going to fight for my career until the end of the season and hopefully get offered a new deal.

I might be wrong, but I thought he HAD been offered a new deal? I think this relates back to your first point, SB. He could hardly go back to the club and ask them to improve his offer after scoring zero goals. Now he's scored, he's angling for more money.

Possibly.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm sure he knows the ground well enough to pick out the boos from the home supporters as well. It's been discussed on here about our own fans booing him, so if we heard it, why shouldn't he?

For me, these are the most interesting bits:

“I want to be here for as many years as possible but I need to be given the opportunity to be here and obviously it’s the people upstairs that make that decision.

“I am just going to fight for my career until the end of the season and hopefully get offered a new deal.

I might be wrong, but I thought he HAD been offered a new deal? I think this relates back to your first point, SB. He could hardly go back to the club and ask them to improve his offer after scoring zero goals. Now he's scored, he's angling for more money.

Possibly.

According to Sky he was offered a new deal back in August to keep him when other clubs were interested.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11741/8881569/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good, I hope he and the club can work something out.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
we have 3, maybe 4 players that are PLR ready and maybe 3/5 who could surprise us and make the jump up and be comfortable at that level. I actually quite like AB but he is definitely, like CMS, championship level at very best so even if he signs a new contract, he'll be a squad player once we get first choice strikers fit.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I wouldn't blame him if he did want to leave. He might be more appreciated elsewhere

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We want to be "PLR"? Barnes isn't good enough. Harsh reality...

It's hard to say as he didn't look too shabby against Arsenal last season, Got a goal and an assist if I remember rightly and he's still at a young enough age to keep improving for a while yet.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If he's got a contract then we get money for him when the next bid comes in, otherwise he can just walk.

Sell him in January while he is still under contract...I am sure Bournemouth, Swindon, Bristol City or Pompey would make him an offer to keep him in or near his home region.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here