Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIR David Beckham?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Looks like Beckham is set to be Knighted. What you guys think about that?

I think as far as sportsman go he's earned it. Hes been a great servant for sports and football over the years. He played a big role promoting and campaigning on behalf of the World Cup and Olympics etc Hes also done alot to help get kids active and hes the ultimate profession and role model, you couldn't want your kid to pick a better sportsman to look up to regardless of Brand Beckham.

SOURCE:
http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/10/david-beckham-set-to-be-knighted-in-new-years-honours-list-4180791/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Cliff Richard, Elton John and Paul McCartney can be knighted, then why not?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Personally could not stand the guy until about 3 years back, then I started to admire his image outside of brand Beckham. Good ambassador for English football and sport in general. Forget the Pouting Victoria posing at every sign of a camera, he is a good sort

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thoroughly deserved in my view he was very influential throughout the bid process and when we presented the Olympics to the world.

Great ambassador for his country.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
He's certainly a better role model than a lot of the current high-paid footballers in the world and he has always come across as a good guy regardless of his 'moments'. I've always found the whole knighting business a bit weird, but as long as the individual being knighted is promoting some form of British talent (sportsmanship, music, science) then I'll support that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good news indeed, he has been out of the public eye for too long.. a well deserved and well needed bit of publicity for him.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Usually I think they give Knighted hoods out abit easily for sportsman and woman, but in this case I think its pretty just, its not just one sport, charity or event Becks has promoted or helped over the years, and these days he kind of stands for more than sport. Hes only gonna get bigger and more powerful in the coming years to, especially as his MLS franchise takes off.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Nah, proper sporting candidate : AP-McCoy-2012-2687127.jpg

Sir Royston thorne

Jun 27, 2004
If he gets a Knighthood this year then unless he goes for Pope or President of the United Nations there isn't much else to aim for is there ? Oh, unless he brings football to Mars... will we ever be rid of the unshaven clotheshorse publicity machine ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here