Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lita Frustration?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not seen it posted elsewhere so...

Leroy Lita did not seen best pleased with the service he was getting yesterday. Bigtime. He seemed to know exactly where he expected the ball to be played. A defence-splitting through ball, a sort of superannuated CMS through ball. He never got it though, got it played behind him, or played to his feet at best. Frustration was clearly visible. What to do?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He got a couple of balls and fluffed it up - says he wants to start but then doesnt make any impact.

With Barnes finally getting a couple and Ulloa on the mend - Lita may be stuck on the bench for a long time.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Strange. He was only on for 10 minutes, by which point we were already 2 goals ahead, and I specifically recall at least 3 decent-ish passes that put him into space in behind the Blackburn defence; one of which he did well to cut back from the byline, but there was no-one in the area, and another if his touch had been slightly better he could've been through on goal. Can't remember what happened with the other. I'd say he had pretty decent service, all thing considered.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I just feel so sorry for him personally. I can't bear to think of him feeling frustrated. The fact he didn't get the perfect through-ball in the few minutes he was on the pitch, makes all the s*#t I'm going through pale into insignificance.Actually if he did look that frustrated, it could be seen as a positive in that it shows how desperate he is to do well here.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not seen it posted elsewhere so...

Leroy Lita did not seen best pleased with the service he was getting yesterday. Bigtime. He seemed to know exactly where he expected the ball to be played. A defence-splitting through ball, a sort of superannuated CMS through ball. He never got it though, got it played behind him, or played to his feet at best. Frustration was clearly visible. What to do?

Unless he was being silly, I imagine that he was getting frustrated with himself rather than the service he was receiving as he was unable to control at least 2 good through balls.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unless he was being silly, I imagine that he was getting frustrated with himself rather than the service he was receiving as he was unable to control at least 2 good through balls.

Thing is though, the through balls weren't far enough through for his liking (shades of CMS with a Premier League twist). He didn't want them to his feet, he wanted to run on to them.

Ince should of played him though at 1 point

Ince went on a great surging run from deep in our half and should have played Leroy in but delayed the pass. At the end of the match Leroy seemed to be having a word with Rohan about it but it all ended in hugs and back slapping.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He would have benefited by Andrews playing so shouldn't have to wait long I hope. Oscar could have thrown Kemy on instead of El Abd for a few minutes and he would have given him some through balls.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
His first touch whenever people did try and play him through seemed to be to stop it dead or tap it back towards where it came from, and he didn't seem to react to his own touch

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
He got a couple of balls and fluffed it up - says he wants to start but then doesnt make any impact.

With Barnes finally getting a couple and Ulloa on the mend - Lita may be stuck on the bench for a long time.

No he doesn't make any impact at all does he? He looked lively against Yeovil and nearly scored a winner, he scored a winner against Doncaster and came on yesterday whilst we were sitting back.

But of course, he's had no impact as you said. He's probably only played 30 mins since he's been here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here