Votes: 104 51.0%
  • The Basketmakers Arms

Votes: 100 49.0%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Well ladies and gentlemen, here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for. It's the final of the 2013 Brighton Pub World Cup.

Two heavyweights line up against one another in the ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN to decide the GREATEST pub in the GREATEST city in the GREATEST nation on Earth.

world-cup-1.jpg

Route to the final

3373569182_8d5df7154f.jpg

The Battle of Trafalgar has performed strongly at every stage of this contest and was the clear winner of Group D. It had no trouble brushing aside Group C's runner up the Shakespeare's Head in round two and then faced up against former giant the Lord Nelson in a quarter final tie that had everyone's mouths watering. In the end it was a fairly straightforward win for the Battle and it then came up against the much fancied Prince Albert in the semi finals. In a tightly fought contest the Battle emerged victorious to earn its place in today's final.

basketmakers-arms.jpg

The Basketmakers Arms was the easy winner of an otherwise fairly weak Group E and faced off against the Windmill in a second round tie that was the most one sided of the entire competition. Breezing through to the quarter finals it found new kid on the block the Craft Beer Co standing in its way in a match up that many found very difficult to predict. Ultimately however the Basketmakers had the experience to defeat the young pretender and earned its place in the semi finals where it came up against the fans' favourite the Evening Star. Although a closely contested tie, the Basketmakers did eventually come out on top and having despatched the Evening Star it will be confident going into the final today.

My friends, there can be only one victor. One pub. One Brighton. One vote. Use it

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Voted for the Battle, my local! Fantastic little pub, very friendly atmosphere and has great music!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Where is the Basketmakers?, it looks the business, but not being a Brightonian l don't know, and again as l'm not from the great city, and haven't entered either establishment, l'm not going to cast a vote.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I voted for Albert in the semi so not voting for BOT. Basketmakers is an ok pub. So with that- I'm out of here.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I voted for Albert in the semi so not voting for BOT. Basketmakers is an ok pub. So with that- I'm out of here.

certainly not a football pub. i remember for france 98 the eagle was rammed every england game- basketmakers over the road was for those not interested.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Basketmakers is a nice pub. But I'm voting with my Albion heart here, and the Basketmakers is usually populated by long haired trendies and students whenever I've been in there. Plus it's won enough awards in its time anyway.

The Battle has become a proper Albion pub, and is filled with cheery/sorrow-drowning Albion fans before and after every home game. It's also bloody handy for the station and doesn't require an uphill walk when dashing for the train, and has a decent garden out the back for those sunny afternoons. I feel right at home there.

Que sera sera
Whatever will be will be
The winner's the B.O.T.
Que sera sera.

:albion:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Where is the Basketmakers?, it looks the business, but not being a Brightonian l don't know, and again as l'm not from the great city, and haven't entered either establishment, l'm not going to cast a vote.

Bottom of Gloucester Road. Very pleased to see such a bohemian pub in the final.

Take the number 17 to St Peters Church and it's about 3 turnings down London Road on the right :cheers:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bottom of Gloucester Road. Very pleased to see such a bohemian pub in the final.

Take the number 17 to St Peters Church and it's about 3 turnings down London Road on the right :cheers:

Shocking directions. :rolleyes:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The Basketmakers is a nice pub. But I'm voting with my Albion heart here, and the Basketmakers is usually populated by long haired trendies and students whenever I've been in there. Plus it's won enough awards in its time anyway.

The Battle has become a proper Albion pub, and is filled with cheery/sorrow-drowning Albion fans before and after every home game. It's also bloody handy for the station and doesn't require an uphill walk when dashing for the train, and has a decent garden out the back for those sunny afternoons. I feel right at home there.

Que sera sera
Whatever will be will be
The winner's the B.O.T.
Que sera sera.

:albion:

also the battle of trafalgar is named after one of britains greatest victories and should win on that alone. the basketmakers is somewhat appropriately named after a sustainable organically friendly craft.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
also the battle of trafalgar is named after one of britains greatest victories and should win on that alone. the basketmakers is somewhat appropriately named after a sustainable organically friendly craft.

Hmmm does this say something about the regulars at these two establishments do we think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here