Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Vile Stink at the Amex

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I arrived yesterday by train and as soon as I was walking up the path towards the Amex I nearly heaved at the stench. The club need to sort those drains out it is absolutely ******* disgusting.

I remember it kicking up near Falmer station a few times when leaving a match but nothing as stomach churning and far reaching as that.

I arrived yesterday by train and as soon as I was walking up the path towards the Amex I nearly heaved at the stench. The club need to sort those drains out it is absolutely ******* disgusting.

I remember it kicking up near Falmer station a few times when leaving a match but nothing as stomach churning and far reaching as that.

Twas very pongy walking up from the Bridge car park.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We call it "The Falmer Pong". Always get a whiff of it every time you get off the train. It's pretty disgusting.

D

Deleted User X18H

It's sewage and often this happens in new builds as the infrastructure is of course new and there may be drainage problems that need to be reworked. The best thing you can do is MAN UP.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why should the club sort it out? It's nothing to do with the Amex. If you lived near a sewage plant would you be expected to "Sort it out?"

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I thought it was a stink-bomb :blush:

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
That's the first time I had smelt it. I thought it was disgusting. It was there from the bridge car park all of the way up to the train station.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's sewage and often this happens in new builds as the infrastructure is of course new and there may be drainage problems that need to be reworked. The best thing you can do is MAN UP.

Coming from you, that's bloody rich. B*gger orf.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Why should the club sort it out? It's nothing to do with the Amex. If you lived near a sewage plant would you be expected to "Sort it out?"

To be honest I just assumed it was just the drains from the stadium, I made this assumption as I never remember anything like that before that stadium was there at Falmer.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
It's usually a bit pongy around the station but yesterday the stench accompanied us all the way from the bridge car park!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's usually a bit pongy around the station but yesterday the stench accompanied us all the way from the bridge car park!

Yes it was more that it could be smelt around most of the outside of the stadium that made it worse but also the smell seemed a lot stronger as well

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm sure it's not just all the smelly football fans. There's 2 universities and all the sewage that must generate. So loads of smelly students as well.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Isn't it the time of year when farmers use a lot of pigshit on the fields? I've noticed that honk before when I lived in Hollingdean.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They don't need to, but they could just make a representation to the relevant authorities.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I was quite glad of it yesterday, I've been bunged up with cold all week so the smell of raw shit unblocked my nasal passage and I found I could breath more freely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here