Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

andy d'urso

briref

Aug 12, 2008
booing him before kick off, disgraceful

we are quick to criticize refs when they have a bad game and don't give them the praise they deserve when it goes well for them

i thought yesterday was one of the better displays we have seen from a referee and probably the best d'urso has ever refereed so

:clap2:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

we are quick to criticize refs when they have a bad game and don't give them the praise they deserve when it goes well for them

i thought yesterday was one of the better displays we have seen from a referee and probably the best d'urso has ever refereed so

Hi Andy :bigwave::kiss:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well it was certainly one of the better displays l've seen from Andy D'Urso anyway! Mind you it wasn't a very difficult game to referee, so he didn't have a lot that he could have got wrong really.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When a physio comes on to the pitch to treat a player(s), that player has to go off before the game is restarted. D'Urso didn't even get that right.

His performance was laughable, but we won 3-0 despite him. He isn't biased, he doesn't bear a grudge, there is nothing dishonest about him. He's just a dire referee.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought it was funny he did ok and did not get any booing at half time or at the end but doesn't mean he has not been shit in the past but it was one of his better games.:rolleyes:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

Have you actually been to many games of his? He's not fit to ref a game of Monopoly!! Yesterday he was average, the best he can give. I wasn't one that booed though, but I can see why they did (not saying it was right though).

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The problem with D'Urso is that you never know what he'll do given any situation. He is completely inconsistent. Yesterday I was sure that he was going to give Bridcutt a second yellow and Blackburn a pen (which never was) when their man went down in the same spot that Conway did earlier. Thankfully he saw some sense.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I thought it was funny he did ok and did not get any booing at half time or at the end but doesn't mean he has not been shit in the past but it was one of his better games.:rolleyes:

On a lighter note--
prior to kick off A D walked in front of my mate, who shouted at him "Durso you are crap" A D turned and smiled at him.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Ok so that's your opinion. Thanks for sharing it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
When a physio comes on to the pitch to treat a player(s), that player has to go off before the game is restarted. D'Urso didn't even get that right.

His performance was laughable, but we won 3-0 despite him. He isn't biased, he doesn't bear a grudge, there is nothing dishonest about him. He's just a dire referee.

Technically correct but common sense prevailed. The two players could have stood by the east stand, drop ball to Blackburn who hoof it down to Kusczcak and as the ball is in the air D'Urso waves the two players on. Having said that he is one of the most inconsistent referees who is in the 'look at me, I'm running this game' camp of refereeing.

Yesterday wasn't bad because there wasn't really anything for him to do.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

Two of their players were injured at the same time. Both were treated. Should they have gone off?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

The most inconsistent Ref that there is in his decision making.

Probably was the best display he's given in a match involving us, still too many inconsitencies though.

I'll continue to boo when i hear his name mentioned, thank you!

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I booed him at the start. It was just an impulse reaction when I heard his name.

I thought he did OK though. Didn't really notice him much. With the penalty decisions I reckon the Blackburn fans might be more critical.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here