Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

November World Cup?? Fixtures

D

Deleted User X18H

Can you imagine that? That is the latest bizarre 2022 plan!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't think the fixtures are out for a few years yet. Best wait to see if we qualify :lolol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The first half of the season is disjointed enough with the current international breaks without this. Can you imagine watching the albion up until November then stopping for a World Cup and resuming 5-6 weeks later. Will be like having two mini seasons and what about the team at the top with momentum ruins their season!!!??

D

Deleted User X18H

The first half of the season is disjointed enough with the current international breaks without this. Can you imagine watching the albion up until November then stopping for a World Cup and resuming 5-6 weeks later. Will be like having two mini seasons and what about the team at the top with momentum ruins their season!!!??

I think it will be fun. A break from the norm.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
November will not happen, as it has the maximum disruption. the suggestions of Jan/Feb would at least fit with some countries winter break. a November season would mean those with a winter break stopping twice, with about 4 games between WC and break.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
November will not happen, as it has the maximum disruption. the suggestions of Jan/Feb would at least fit with some countries winter break. a November season would mean those with a winter break stopping twice, with about 4 games between WC and break.

Don't you think in that case that the winter break wouldn't happen in those countries?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It gets worse. Blatter says the competition could run from 10th-10th. No doubt England's first match will be against Germany on 11th November or Remembrance Sunday...

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Don't you think in that case that the winter break wouldn't happen in those countries?

some countries dont have have a winter break to rest players, they stop because the pitches are frozen under a foot of snow. it'll also have a bigger impact in other regions, for example South Americans. so far Blatter has been able to say the europeans cant dictate, but when just about every league will be buggered, he'll find less support.

as time goes on the only solution will be to not have the WC in Qatar, its a mtter of who asks for it. my theory is they will pay for another nation, maybe a mulsim asian nation, to host it. dont dimiss this, its slightly less insane than giving to Qatar in the first place.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Jan/Feb would clash with Winter Olympics. TV companies would never allow it.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Jan/Feb would clash with Winter Olympics. TV companies would never allow it.

agree, however i recal something about outside the US, viewers and sponsors arent that bothered by Olympics, winter edition less so. how many recal where the last one was? i've only heard of the next one because the anti-gay controversy in Russia.

so, what about option of playing the WC at a time a year that doesnt clash with Olympics or football leauges, say June? :whistle:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Following FIFA's lead, the IOC could award the Winter Olympics to Qatar as well.

November - World Cup
December - Winter Olympics

No problem...

:wink:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I always think the football season starts in England properly around November. League tables begin to become relevant, it's cold when you are watching, floodlights come on during play. A terrible time then to have a break. World Cups are for Summer.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
as time goes on the only solution will be to not have the WC in Qatar, its a mtter of who asks for it. my theory is they will pay for another nation, maybe a mulsim asian nation, to host it. dont dimiss this, its slightly less insane than giving to Qatar in the first place.

I agree, that could be an option. Personally, I would rather the Europeans boycott the event, this making it worthless. Perhaps then, Fifa could be reformed into something more accountable and transparent.

Following FIFA's lead, the IOC could award the Winter Olympics to Qatar as well.

November - World Cup
December - Winter Olympics

No problem...

:wink:

I could see that working, all they would need to do is shift the World Cup back or forward by a year. Ok it would mean only 3 years from one contest and 5 to the next but as Fifa don't really seem to give a sh*t they might just as well do that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So it's not June, and now because of the Winter Olympics it's not January. This is not a shambles, it's an UberShambles. If your goal was to destroy the popularity of international football this is exactly how you'd go about it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Going against the mainstream, my view is that the World Cup should be able to be played in any country on the planet.

If it means a reschedule away from the summer then fair enough.

Leagues can deal with it with a break and, in this age, clashing televised events can be recorded if necessary.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Going against the mainstream, my view is that the World Cup should be able to be played in any country on the planet.

Leagues can deal with it with a break and, in this age, clashing televised events can be recorded if necessary.

Ever considered working for say......Fifa?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

No. Surely your team means more to you that your countries team. I'd rather they scrapped the World Cup.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here