Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"And tonight's Most Embittered Away Fan's Review of the Amex award goes to…"

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
...this one, from BRFCS.com

"Unlike others on here I thought the stadium was like so many other new ones, a characterless steel and breeze block edifice. The concourse floors were like banana skins too, a few folk almost went ass over tit. Also, what a pain in the ass getting there and back. No wonder the Brighton fans look miserable, even though they had won 3 0, having to go through that every game. They really are a bunch of miserable gits."

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As opposed to getting what 10k every home game at like £20 per ticket.

Blackburn is in my top 3 shitholes of football towns visited.

Luton, Blackburn, crystal palarse.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As opposed to getting what 10k every home game at like £20 per ticket.

Blackburn is in my top 3 shitholes of football towns visited.

Luton, Blackburn, crystal palarse.

Haven't actually been to Blackburn, got as far as Wigan season. I will go this season bit do not have very high expectations of what it will be like.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
PAFELL, on 09 Nov 2013 - 6:53 PM, said:
although a bad injury list. They do have some good young players who are being given their chance.

Rovers had the chances. But their keeper made some good saves to be honest.
If they had a goalscorer they would have gone up last season, maybe even the season before !

But we shipped 3 goals against their reserve team, not good !

:thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Haven't actually been to Blackburn, got as far as Wigan season. I will go this season bit do not have very high expectations of what it will be like.

Only problem with Blackburn away this year is that is on FA Cup 5th round day, and chances are one if us will still be in the cup, meaning it will move to midweek. Shame as I wanted to go to that one this season.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

"Unlike others on here I thought the stadium was like so many other new ones, a characterless steel and breeze block edifice. The concourse floors were like banana skins too, a few folk almost went ass over tit. Also, what a pain in the ass getting there and back. No wonder the Brighton fans look miserable, even though they had won 3 0, having to go through that every game. They really are a bunch of miserable gits."

Who cares what they think of us, they are a small club and Blackburn is a dump.
I didn't see any miserable Albion fans after the match.

That's what happens when you let your whippets piss anywhere:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find it hard to believe a Blackburntonian finds it hard to walk on rain soaked bare concrete.

Surely that's their natural habitat.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I went to Ewood Park last season, where we scored a spawny and, let's be honest, undeserved 96th minute penalty equaliser, to snatch a draw.

Miserable doesn't even begin to describe the reaction of the locals to that one. As the group I was with left the ground, chatting amongst ourselves, the southern accents must have identified us as Albion fans, and I remember one bloke coming up to us and saying "We ****ing hate queers in Blackburn, we do. Do you know what we do to queers in Blackburn?".

We walked on, saying nothing and preferring not to get involved, whereby the same bloke and his mate came up to one of our number, called him a "****ing Paki", and threatened to stab him.

Left me with a lovely impression of the place, as if the drive around the town before the match hadn't already done so.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I find it hard to believe a Blackburntonian finds it hard to walk on rain soaked bare concrete.

Surely that's their natural habitat.

Cobbles, I'd have thought? :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am glad a few Blackburn fans slipped up on the concourse today, when I went to watch the Albion play at Blackburn in 1978, those b@stards bricked our train, what goes around comes around. :whistle:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He's got a point about the floor. The floor is very slippery.

He's also got a point about a pain in the arse to get to. It's 286 miles door to door from Ewood Park. Other than flying, travelling that distance is a pain in the arse, unless you take a charmed scenic route with pleasurable stopovers.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its never nice being beaten by a team who you would consider beneath you.

God bless you Blackburn Rovers, Sutton and Shearer, Roy Wegerle and Jack Walker....ghosts of Blackburn's past.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Brighton has become a right Bo Ho community and I thought their fans were a miserable bunch of snobby types. Not a pleasant trip there, and I would have said that had we won 10-0! Give me Barnsley any day."

I suspect this chap would score quite highly on the "How Northern are you?" test...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course we are miserable - we couldn't manage to put more than three past Balckburn Venki Chickens Inc. That has to go down as a bitter disappointment.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He's got a point about the floor. The floor is very slippery.

He's also got a point about a pain in the arse to get to. It's 286 miles door to door from Ewood Park. Other than flying, travelling that distance is a pain in the arse, unless you take a charmed scenic route with pleasurable stopovers.

I have never slipped up on the concourse , the poor northerners must have been wearing worn out shoes.:smile:

Or something to do with drinking 10 pints.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here