Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering outlet at North end of WSU today...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
An absolute farce. If you set out deliberately to do it as badly as possible you couldn't do much worse.

Twenty minutes before kick-off, at what must be peak beer selling time, they had no pints pre-poured and the people working the tills were going and pouring one at a time as though it was a quiet night at the "Dog & Duck". Incredible incompetence.

Then at half-time they managed to run out of Harveys completely. How hard can it be to make sure that more than enough barrels are available?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
An absolute farce. If you set out deliberately to do it as badly as possible you couldn't do much worse.

Twenty minutes before kick-off, at what must be peak beer selling time, they had no pints pre-poured and the people working the tills were going and pouring one at a time as though it was a quiet night at the "Dog & Duck". Incredible incompetence.

Then at half-time they managed to run out of Harveys completely. How hard can it be to make sure that more than enough barrels are available?
if they had more than enough it would mean losing money.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Eh? It's not as if any extra barrels wouldn't keep until the next home game.
Quite. Remember we are talking about half-time not half past seven...

I am slightly tongue in cheek starting an NSC catering thread but it is pretty much unforgivable in commercial terms for this to keep happening...

Some people will buy a Fosters instead but a lot just walk away without spending and pissed off at not being able to have the pint they were looking forward to...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And you should have seen the £14 beef bap and soggy chips combo in 1901. Shocking.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And you should have seen the £14 beef bap and soggy chips combo in 1901. Shocking.
Sounds ghastly.

I enjoyed a very tasty round of ham and mustard sandwiches.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Were you there just to drink or watch a football match? if it was the former you might have been better off in a boozer in town.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If i walked into the Dog and Duck and Elsie gave me a pint she had already poured 20 minutes previously , id say , Elsie Nooooooooooo and go to the Rose and Crown .

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
We decided not to use the concourses this season due to the poor quality of the pies, which had either been dried out by overheating, or the lucky dip effect where you never received the item that you ordered and were provided with a random substitute, something like ordering a steak and ale pie only to be severed the veggie option, or ordering a steak and ale and receiving a chicken and ham, or ordering a steak and ale and having a pie filled with Katomeat.

Today some friends of ours ordered tickets in WSL , so we meet on the concourse and revereted to pies and pints.

I ordered, but the girl on the till got my order wrong, quite simple I thought 2 pints of Harvey’s with 2 steak and ale pies, 1 larger with a steak and ale pie and another larger with a cheeseburger (so 4 pints, 3 pies and a cheese burger). We received 4 pints, 2 pies and 1 cheeseburger. Took the girl serving and her team leader a full 5 - 10 minutes to sort the mess out, and for us to receive a missing pie.

My boy’s cheeseburger then had no burger in it (some may say this was a bonus), took it back to get it replaced and was advised that they had already had 2 cheeseburgers returned today which were missing the burger.

Whilst the pies were excellent today (when we got them) more basic mistakes, so back to our own home made BLT’s next time.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Was at the Emirates stadium last Saturday for the Liverpool game. Had a pint before the game on the concourse. Numerous bars, nicely organised with pre-poured Carlsberg's, food etc. They need to do something to speed up the process at the Amex. Time will tell.

Great result today. Onwards and upwards(hopefully!).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How do you serve a cheeseburger with no burger??! I get you might forget the cheese but you're a special kind of muppet to forget the burger. Twice. Astonishing incompetence that perhaps marks a new low in the dreadful service that is the Amex catering history!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think I've ever complained about the Amex catering before but half time WSU it really was poor. Me and a number of others gave up queueing because it was taking a ridiculous amount of time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We decided not to use the concourses this season due to the poor quality of the pies, which had either been dried out by overheating, or the lucky dip effect where you never received the item that you ordered and were provided with a random substitute, something like ordering a steak and ale pie only to be severed the veggie option, or ordering a steak and ale and receiving a chicken and ham, or ordering a steak and ale and having a pie filled with Katomeat.

Today some friends of ours ordered tickets in WSL , so we meet on the concourse and revereted to pies and pints.

I ordered, but the girl on the till got my order wrong, quite simple I thought 2 pints of Harvey’s with 2 steak and ale pies, 1 larger with a steak and ale pie and another larger with a cheeseburger (so 4 pints, 3 pies and a cheese burger). We received 4 pints, 2 pies and 1 cheeseburger. Took the girl serving and her team leader a full 5 - 10 minutes to sort the mess out, and for us to receive a missing pie.

My boy’s cheeseburger then had no burger in it (some may say this was a bonus), took it back to get it replaced and was advised that they had already had 2 cheeseburgers returned today which were missing the burger.

Whilst the pies were excellent today (when we got them) more basic mistakes, so back to our own home made BLT’s next time.
larger than what?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I cannot understand how people can moan about the shortage of beer when not too far away from them a family is grieving and feeling absolutely horrible about the the loss of their son killed in battle. Sorry but I find it incredible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here