Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno and Upson

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Bruno = 5 parts brilliant and 5 parts disastrous.

Upson = bloody awful first half, better in the second but way off form.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bruno is consistenly the weak link these days. He is clearly a very talented player, but the way he fancy-dans about, and gives the ball away consistently, irritates me.

Upson - well, I thought he played well today. There you go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bruno is not the player he was but still the best right back we have and Upson shows his class but like many makes the occassional mistake but usually rectifies it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would prefer Calderon to Bruno as Calde is miles better going forward.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Upson was atrocious. Really bad.

Kept giving the ball away and a couple of awful tackles.

System doesn't suit him or Greer, suited to pacey centre backs.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The thing that Bruno does that makes my piss fizz is bombing on when we attack then leisurely strolls back eventually getting back into position, that and passing back to the big pole with far too much pace on the ball. Upson was poor by his high standards today,

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bruno plays better with Buckley in front of him.

I disagree. Buckley and Calde are on the same wavelength, Bruno plays as if he has no idea what Buckley will do.

Calde has been excellent this season, Bruno has not. I'd pick Calde every time.

Dec 29, 2011
Bruno is not the player he was but still the best right back we have and Upson shows his class but like many makes the occassional mistake but usually rectifies it.

I don't know how you can say this. Is it because he came from Valencia, or because he had 5 excellent games last season? Calderon is head and shoulder above Bruno this season. He's more consistent, his positioning is better, his work rate is better and he rarely gives the ball away in dangerous positions, something Bruno has done 2 or 3 times EACH GAME I've seen him play. Calderon must feel cheated that Bruno is starting ahead of him each game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't know how you can say this. Is it because he came from Valencia, or because he had 5 excellent games last season? Calderon is head and shoulder above Bruno this season. He's more consistent, his positioning is better, his work rate is better and he rarely gives the ball away in dangerous positions, something Bruno has done 2 or 3 times EACH GAME I've seen him play. Calderon must feel cheated that Bruno is starting ahead of him each game.

All of this. Bruno was terrible for the first 75 minutes today - truly dreadful. Okay for the last 15.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Upson doesn't appear to trust Kuszczak. He never lets a ball run through to him, he only passes when there are no other alternatives and he routinely ignores him and makes a hash of clearances.

3-5-2 would suit both Bruno and Ward, I would be in favour of trying it.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I keep hearing this...but Calde is fantastic going forward. He is a much better crosser of the ball, and much more likely to pop up with a goal.

Agree about scoring, to be honest there isn't much between them. I love cald but on form would say Bruno edges it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread should be Bruno and Greer.

They were appalling distributing the ball, all they did was kick it out, then stick their arms up.

I've been saying for a while Greer needs a 'rest', and I'm amazed Bruno is in over Calde.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Bruno = 5 parts brilliant and 5 parts disastrous.

Upson = bloody awful first half, better in the second but way off form.

Thought upson had a shaky first 20 mins after that had a fairly good game

Bruno is just becoming a liability
Someone this season is going to punish us down that side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here