Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season - so far

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Three months in and a third of the season gone who's been the stand out player for you? I think Upson has been rock solid at the back but the man who has really stood out has been Kuszczak. I think we've got just about the best keeper the Championship has ever had and he would walk into most Premiership sides. (I'm biased of course but my choice still stands).

Mention in dispatches for Ince. I can't wait to see him and Bridcutt get a decent run together.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think it's between Crofts and Upson. Upson has been brilliant, and has covered for the increasingly wayward passing of Greer on numerous occasions. Crofts has been the powerful box to box player that I remember from the Withdean days, which has been a surprise as I thought he was fairly crap last season.

Koosh has done nothing wrong, and is a truly brilliant keeper, but today is the first day where I can really say that he has stood out.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
PIG.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ince simply for the unexpected bonus of an unknown potential that hopefully looks very promising going forward

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Crofts with PIG a close second expect others to come into the show now though (Bridcutt, Leo and Orlandi)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Crofts right now. Plenty of games keft for it to change but he has stepped up in the absence of others.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Crofts, goes unnoticed, but works hard, makes loads of runs off the ball and even chipping in with goals this year. My MOM today, hardly mis placed a pass.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Odd, as I've not thought- until today, perhaps- that TK has been anywhere near his standard of last season.

Granted, he's not chucked any in, but I've just had a sense that he wasn't quite up to his exceptional perfomance levels that we'd become used to. Was great to see him all over the ball today.

On that basis, I'd probably go for Crofts, for sheer 7/10 consistency on the majority of occasions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Crofts for me, back to his best and really crucial goals that have won us quite a few points.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don't think anyone really stands out. Lua Lua was probably the most consistent performer in his very limited game time

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't think anyone really stands out. Lua Lua was probably the most consistent performer in his very limited game time

And Ulloa, surely? When they are back, and Orlandi, Buckley, Bridcutt (I know...) and eventually CMS then I think that the pecking order in this poll might change a little...

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
And Ulloa, surely? When they are back, and Orlandi, Buckley, Bridcutt (I know...) and eventually CMS then I think that the pecking order in this poll might change a little...

Absolutely, I think there has been some good individual performances in the games so far but not much consistency. PIG played well today but has had some games where he has had little to do yet his distribution has been very poor. KLL played well, Ulloa was good, Barnes has worked hard, Calde has been good in the games he played, no one has consistently turned in a good performance. Strangely, and I never thought I'd say this, it's Barnes for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here