Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Barnes?!

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
If I'm honest, he got lucky with the goals, other than that his game wasn't all that. what about when we wheee on the counter attack and he just walked back slowly ??! He's a striker he should have been sprinting and as it goes he may well have got on the end of the cross if he was there....

But booing him is just pathetic

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
People who booed today clearly do not understand football at all, more fool them. They should go and watch non league if they didn't appreciate that performance today. And for Barnes to take that penalty immediately after the miss showed immense courage - he didn't hide - plenty that would have done.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Leo Ulloa had played like Barnes today the same morons would be cheering him to the rooftops, but unfortunately, because they have a previous agenda with Ash they feel the need to boo one player who never hides, plays out of position without a complaint, and has been marvellous in the last month or so

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think people were booing the mom award not Barnes as it clearly should have been Kuszczaks.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think people were booing the mom award not Barnes as it clearly should have been Kuszczaks.

Even that still isnt right (although i agree Kooshack should have got it).

Some of the idiots are in N1F too. 1 guy was slagging him off and calling him a donkey 1 minute before he scored the 1st goal - he got confronted after he scored and was pretty aggressive and petulant back to the people.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
He was shocking and the majority know it, yes he scored a penalty and a tap in (and for that I give him credit) but he is woefully short of what's required. It was embarrassing where I was sat, general derisory groans as each move forward broke down generally with his poor control or impressions of Tom Daley. He ain't good enough and that is fact and will disappear if we ever get to full strength.

However booing the bloke and groaning as he places the ball on the spot for a pen is not acceptable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is the correct answer it should have been Kuszczak by a country mile he saved many more goals than Barnes scored but goals scored win matches so can understand the award although I dont agree with it.

I cringed when he stepped up to take the penalty and thought that Lopez should take it but credit to him he put it away well.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
People who booed today clearly do not understand football at all, more fool them. They should go and watch non league if they didn't appreciate that performance today. And for Barnes to take that penalty immediately after the miss showed immense courage - he didn't hide - plenty that would have done.

Wasn't there - obviously- but he has been a very loyal and hardworking player for us. Often played out of position and does not deserve the treatment he gets from so many "fans"

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Barnes missed a sitter, had some bollocks to demand the penalty and got a lucky goal at the end, apart from that he was average. MOM ? not for me, not when we had a masterclass in goalkeeping from Tom.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Far more plausible.

Sorry i dont agree, as on another thread on here, he gets dogs abuse for having the temerity to miss a chance. When he took the ball to take the penalty this afternoon, the groan from arounnd the ground was awful, and i would put money on a few of them were hoping he would miss. In my opinion we are lucky to have a player that gives his all even when, he doesnt get the support he should from certain sections of our crowd. I quite often dont agree with the mom award at the ground, but i would never boo the decision, and in fact i thought Koos or JFC should have got it today, but its a daft award anyway as nine times out of ten a goalscorer gets it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He was shocking and the majority know it, yes he scored a penalty and a tap in (and for that I give him credit) but he is woefully short of what's required. It was embarrassing where I was sat, general derisory groans as each move forward broke down generally with his poor control or impressions of Tom Daley. He ain't good enough and that is fact and will disappear if we ever get to full strength.

However booing the bloke and groaning as he places the ball on the spot for a pen is not acceptable.[/QUOTE

Does your seat actually face the pitch?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here