Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Blackburn

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Not a bad game at all. Second half much better than the first. Blackburn were certainly undeserving of a 3-0 defeat. If not for Kuszczack it could have been a different story. They must have had five or six shots on target in the 2nd half. Could this be the turning point of the season? Hope so.

Kuszczack 9. Excellent performance. Confident shot stopping, great in the air, and distribution much improved.

Bruno 5. Marmite. Some great flicks and passes, but at other times he's a liability giving the ball away in dangerous positions.

Greer 6. Good enough display, but some poor distribution.

Upson 7. Solid.

Ward 7. Didn't see enough of the ball in the 1st half. Often unmarked in good positions but the CBs kept using Bruno. Played well.

Ince 8. Very good game. Bags of maturity for a youngster. Great with his head and feet. Some very good passes.

Crofts 7. Didn't notice him too much, but I guess he was getting on with his job. Great shot that lead to 3rd goal.

JFC 7. Nicely taken goal. Overall good performance.

Spanish Dave 6. Didn't appear to contribute an awful lot. One great free kick.

Conway 7. Good game. I like this guy. Unlucky not to score in the 1st half with a great shot. Brought down for the penalty. Crossed for JFC to score.

Barnes 8. Much better performance from him. Held the ball up very well. Well taken penalty (surprised he was allowed to take it), and in the right place to score the 2nd. Missed an easy opportunity in the first half when he miscontrolled the ball in an excellent position.

Subs:
Bridcutt 7. Great to see him back. Played some nice balls.
Lita 5. Didn't have much chance to show his stuff.
El Abd. Not on long enough.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Tomas 9 MOTM made a number of excellent saves
Bruno 2 Awful performance got skinned by their number 7 all game.
Greer 6 solid but didn't have to do much
Upson 6 Solid but wish he would close down long shots or one of them is going to fly in soon
Ward 7 defended well and got forward well
Ince 8 Big and strong performance , appreciated his driving run in second half
Crofts 7 impressive tireless display, has been a lot better this season
JFC 7 good goal and came close with free kick as well. didn't like the way he went down when "touched" by their man
Spanish Dave 6 Quiet performance apart from close with free kick , needed to support Ash more
Conway 8 His best performance yet, won a penalty and set up JFC
Barnes 9 Best outfield player took goals well and was on his toes to nick the ball for JFC goal. Defends well and holds up ball well

Bridcutt 6 good to see him get half hour
Lita 4 Lazy! First time I've seen him, if his first touch isn't good he seems to lose interest.
El Abd N/A

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
At 2-0 when Garcia was clearly looking to defend a lead, Bruno made a ridiculous run into the box that resulted in Forster-Caskey collecting a booking because there was no cover on the right. The mans a liability.

Pig 8
Bruno 5
Upson 6
Greer 7
Ward 7
Ince 7
Crofts 6
Jfc 7
Lopez 6
Conway 7
Barnes 8

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pig 9
Bruno 3
Upson 4
Greer 7
Ward 6
Ince 8
Crofts 5
Jfc 8
Lopez 7
Conway 5
Barnes 8

Ince was my man on the match, Bruno and Upson were passengers today and Upson was a liability

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Tomas 9 MOTM made a number of excellent saves
Bruno 2 Awful performance got skinned by their number 7 all game.
Greer 6 solid but didn't have to do much
Upson 6 Solid but wish he would close down long shots or one of them is going to fly in soon
Ward 7 defended well and got forward well
Ince 8 Big and strong performance , appreciated his driving run in second half
Crofts 7 impressive tireless display, has been a lot better this season
JFC 7 good goal and came close with free kick as well. didn't like the way he went down when "touched" by their man
Spanish Dave 6 Quiet performance apart from close with free kick , needed to support Ash more
Conway 8 His best performance yet, won a penalty and set up JFC
Barnes 9 Best outfield player took goals well and was on his toes to nick the ball for JFC goal. Defends well and holds up ball well

Bridcutt 6 good to see him get half hour
Lita 4 Lazy! First time I've seen him, if his first touch isn't good he seems to lose interest.
El Abd N/A

LITA is far from lazy although I wish he just took a shot rather than have a touch of the ball, more awake than Barnes

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Pig 9. Ince 8. Everyone else 7 except Bruno 6.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Kooshack 8 perhaps a little theatrical but most defo a MOM performance
Bruno 3 dreadful, one totally class through ball to David but that was it, gave the ball away far too often
Upson 6 solid, ignoring the squeaky 20 mins
Greer 5 ditto Upson but some of his passing was wayward
Ward 6 did his job well
Ince 8 play have got MOM but looked a bit lost when Bridcutt came on. Defo one to watch
Crofts 6 always anonymous to me, must go about his game quietly except when being in the right place at the right time
JFC 7 great goal and a few sublime touches. Oozing confidence will be interesting to see what happens when Orlandi back
Lopez 4 better than Bruno I guess, have a go mate!
Barnes 7 didn't want him to take pen as much as Bruno and David. Good on him "the boy done well"
Conway 8 best I've seen him play by a country, nice pace and very direct

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuszczak - 9 -
Bruno - 5 - all over the place at times, sublime during others
Ward - 7
Greer - 6
Upson - 6
Crofts - 7
JFC - 7
Lopez - 5 - just very poor................ again.
Conway - 7 - better today, delivery in the right area for JFC
Ince - 8
Barnes - 8

Bridcutt - 6
Lita - 6
AEA - N/A

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 8.5 - a lot of comfortable saves of long distance shots, and a few very good saves
Bruno 7
Greer 7.5
Upson 7.5
Ward 7.5
Lopez 7
Ince 8 - good performance
Forster-Caskey 8 - good movement for his goal
Crofts 7.5 - worked hard
Conway 7.5 - worked hard, got in behind, didn't look up enough so some wasted crosses
Barnes 8.5 - played a part in all three goals, handled the pressure for the penalty well.

Bridcutt 7 - eased back in, not a great deal of influence, but comfortable
Lita 7 - given the type of player he is you'd think he'd be more used to squeezing through a gap while the ball is played tightly at his feet and would be used to dealing with it, but he seemed to struggle with such passes
El abd - nice to see him get game time, even if it wasn't enough to judge him with.

Bit of an untidy start, but even so I thought the crowd were too quick to turn on the team. One guy in my area seems to revel in complaining about us. I'm hearing people muttering about how he is ruining the experience for people in the area.

After that we started to get a hold of it. It was good to see us be comfortable in possession, to be patient. I'm all for a more attacking or faster paced style under Garcia, but only if we're smart about it. Earlier this season we haven't been and have had a lot more trouble with passing and picking passes. Today we didn't, we were happy to come back and move across to the other side. It was good to see.

I was surprised to see us start the second half decently. Thou I think some of at first five minutes was taken up with Barnes receiving treatment.

Blackburn had a sustained period of pressure at 2-0 that looked like we were trying to shut up shop, but after a while Blackburn seemed to accept it wasn't their day and we saw out the match comfortably with a third goal to seal it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think most of PIGs' saves were pretty standard to be honest, they were ones that look dramatic but that most professional goal keepers would expect to save. All their shots were from around the 18 yard box. Their best chance was in the 1st half when their player put wide a free header.

I thought JFC and Ince both had very good games, JFC especially was involed in some very clever play at times and his late run into the box for his goal was timed to perfection.

I thought Barnes actually had his worst game for a while, but it was one of those where he managed to chip in with game changing contributions in between the bad touches and giving the ball away.

Saying Lita is lazy is a ridiculous comment BTW :shrug:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Kuszczack 8
Bruno 6.5
Greer 7
Upson 5
Ward 7
Ince 6 Good overall but he wasn't good enough in the air, which knocked him down a mark.
Crofts 6
JFC 7.5
Spanish Dave 6
Conway 7
Barnes 8 MOM

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Pig 9 (MOM by a country mile)
Bruno 4
Upson 6
Greer 6
Ward 7
Ince 7
Crofts 6
Jfc 7
Lopez 5
Conway 7
Barnes 7

These scores on the basis of what has gone before but today was certainly not a brilliant performance.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuszczak 9. Some standard saves that looked great and some great saves too

Bruno 4. Just gives the ball away so much these days! Went through a 10 minute spell of looking like the Bruno of old but quickly reverted to the slightly lazy indisciplined version we've started to see more regularly

Greer 6. Good second half but astonishingly wasteful with possession unless passing to Upson (60% of his passes).

Upson 7. Solid if unspectacular

Ward 7. Looks a very good acquisition for the season.

Ince 8. Really excellent again

Crofts 7. vast improvement on last season. Like the Crofts of old now

JFC 7. Right place for the header and harried the opposition well. Glad to see him playing

Spanish Dave 5. Very poor again

Conway 7. Very quiet to start with but grew into the game. Won the penalty and set up the second. Getting better by the game I think.

Barnes 8. Didn't have a great start but took balls of steel to take the pen after his miss 2 mins earlier. Great run to create the opportunity for the second and right place for his second. So hard working and deserved his goals and the boost of sponsors MoM

Subs:

Bridcutt 6. Struggled to get into it a bit to start with (understandably!) but grew in confidence. So happy to have him back

Lita 6. Good movement but suffered from not being picked out quickly enough a couple of times

El Abd. Not on long enough.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The numbers don't matter. If they did Rovers were worth at least a draw. The point is JFC followed up last week's 35 yarder with a winner of a header, Ince impressed and Bridcutt returned. Barnes fought, Conway was effective and Lita looked useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here