May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Should HAVE!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably, yes, but it's being a bit picky.

Very classy from the club today and I understand the family are incredibly appreciative of the day they've had today.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It did seem a wee bit off, to leave the perimeter advertising running. But seems to me the club did their utmost to honour the occasion in a moving and dignified way and they're only human, they can't always get every last detail just right. Total respect to them for what they did today. Their heart's in the right place. I'm sure it meant a very great deal to the soldier's family. And its a massive improvement on Withdean where ludicrously somebody once thought it a good idea to have Gully join a heads-bowed solemn minute's silence with the players in the centre circle. I swear my shoulders almost shook clean off with sixty seconds of deep and barely-suppressed mirth at the sight of a bloke dressed in a seagull costume trying his damnedest to look solemn and failing hilariously.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've never seen them flip the advertising hoardings face down during a minute's silence. Didn't even notice myself - thought it was very moving.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
TBO the last thing I was thinking about or looking at was the advertising hoardings during the minutes silence.
Very moving today.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm with the OP on this. I noted it too. They should have been switched off, or better still, been set to display images of poppy fields or a static ad for the RBL.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought it at the time, but right now I realise it didn't matter.

It was an excellent heartfelt tribute and it reminded me of what the club can sometimes do so very well. Long may it continue to do so.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember thinking at the time that it seemed slightly inappropriate that it was flashing away, but that said, it was "only" adverts for the triple ticket bundle, so it's not a massive issue.

I certainly wouldn't hold it against the club: it's quite obvious they were doing everything they possibly could to honour James Brynin's memory (and that of all others who have perished in conflict) and I thought that, broadly speaking, they played it perfectly today.

Being an old git sitting in the WSU I find that I have trouble picking out the ball against the new electronic ad boards when it goes along the East Stand touchline :rant:

Didn't notice it during the silence which, as nearly everyone has already stated, was moving and well thought through by the Club. However the advertising did get on my nerves a bit during the game, particularly when it changed direction. Is it just me?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What advertising? I was totally involved in the ceremony and sadness of the moment. Shame the Beeb couldn't show it on the FL show. Nice to see our manager got it right with a hug for the family and a peck on each cheek.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here