brighton_goldstone.jpg

Attachments

• west-stand.jpg
    west-stand.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 405

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
For some of us, that was the NEW west stand, built after we won the third division south! The original intention had always been to extend it the whole length of the west side. It never happened- instead we had the "Lego Stand" when we got into the first division!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Remember Millwall fans forming a pyramid, and Millwall fans climbing the pyramid, to go and kick the crap out of somebody who threw something at them from the posh seats.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I sat in the Lego stand for our first ever game in the "First Division" against Arsenal. Looking me around as the teams came out it was obvious that many, like me, were near to tears as something we thought would never happen came true. A very emotional day - even if we did lose 4-0,

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Safer in the Lego stand that day...was fairly 'exciting' in the North Stand. Looking around, and seeing lots of faces, id never seen before, and none of them wearing any sort of 'colours'.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Lego Stand looked even more unstable than the South Stand at Withdean.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
nah nah nah.....that was the MAIN stand, I'm talking about the 'Lego Stand' that sat to the North of this stand, on the same side of the pitch briefly.

Well why didn't you say so?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I sat in the Lego stand for our first ever game in the "First Division" against Arsenal. Looking me around as the teams came out it was obvious that many, like me, were near to tears as something we thought would never happen came true. A very emotional day - even if we did lose 4-0,

I remember that day, and the 'pop' of realism setting in........but as you said it was an utterly amazing feeling on the build up to that match.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Could never understand why it was only 3/4 of the length it was meant to be!

And when they put in the awful lego stand when we got promoted it really smacked of a lack of ambition. The club were saying 'we're only going to be here temporarily no need to make any permanent changes to the stadium'. That was the opportunity to extend the West Stand the full-length of the pitch, surely it wouldn't have cost that much? I loved the Goldstone but it was a bit of a ramshackle mess.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I used to stand on the terrace in front right by the tunnel as a kid.
Abiding memory is of the smell of linament as the players took the field.

Gravitated to the north in my teens and then back to my original spot when watching the football became more important than partaking in the atmosphere.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here