Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you coming for The Ashes

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I've been contacted by some of you coming over for The Ashes series, if your coming and want to meet up with some Albion fans while you're here then email seagullsdownunder@hotmail.com
We had Albion fans at each test last time so I'm sure we can put you in touch with someone no matter which test your going to, I myself will be at the MCG for Boxing Day and at the SCG and as always the SDU banner
well be proudly flying amongst the Barmy Army.

Attachments

• 87.jpg
    87.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Leaving Gatwick on 30th November and doing Adelaide and Perth tests, so if there are any NSCers in either of these places Harty junior and I would appreciate some pointers re après cricket.

Feb 14, 2010
What's the point, its a one horse race? Australia will moan, whine and bitch. Before the Tests start their press will forget that Australia cant bat, cant bowl and cant feld. They will moan that Broad didnt walk, yes that's right, an Australian moaning about not walking, forgetting that Australians started not walking and none of them ever have (unlike us). In fact whilst on the subject, there are many whispers about their favourite son Don Bradman failing to walk in a day when no Englishman would even dream of such behaviour. They will hark back to the days before neutral umpires and the days when their umpires would not give us an LBW all tour (just ask Gatting about that) and when they get stuffed, they will still think they are the "greatest sporting nation on earth" even tho they have never won the football world cup, are shit at cricket and understand they are not very good at egg chasing anymore either. Still they are world champions at er, "Australian Rules Football" or some such minority sport

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Really wanted to do a couple of tests but worked out how much it was going to cost and with the exchange rate like it is I just couldn't justify it. Bit of a shitter as an Ashes test in Oz is a must do on my bucket list. It'll be tv and late nights for me.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
What's the point, its a one horse race? Australia will moan, whine and bitch. Before the Tests start their press will forget that Australia cant bat, cant bowl and cant feld. They will moan that Broad didnt walk, yes that's right, an Australian moaning about not walking, forgetting that Australians started not walking and none of them ever have (unlike us). In fact whilst on the subject, there are many whispers about their favourite son Don Bradman failing to walk in a day when no Englishman would even dream of such behaviour. They will hark back to the days before neutral umpires and the days when their umpires would not give us an LBW all tour (just ask Gatting about that) and when they get stuffed, they will still think they are the "greatest sporting nation on earth" even tho they have never won the football world cup, are shit at cricket and understand they are not very good at egg chasing anymore either. Still they are world champions at er, "Australian Rules Football" or some such minority sport

As true as this maybe there's still nothing like being here to witness the complete meltdown should we win. Boasting about the world cup is pretty pointless seeing as we've not managed it again almost 50 years on.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

just look up Barmy Army , Lucky Shag. Perth if you think it's not worth the trip...........it is an ideal oppurtunity for those who can afford it ,to spend some time in the sunshine , watching England shellack the Aussies....(hopefully)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Great rant. We cant even sing 'You only win when you're swimming' since they stopped taking enhancement drugs and stopped winning medals. I was there for the 5-0 whitewash when they liked cricket but this series, Boxing Day at MCG apart, they will find other things to do.

I would like to do the WACA but not this year. Instead It will be skysports, a pile of logs and daytime sleeping.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Which is another reason I will not be there this time, too many northerners for me.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Yep - have managed to secure a 5 year work visa this week, and will be moving to Sydney on 27th December, so hopefully will make the test

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I remember seeing an Albion shirt in the crowd during one of the tests Down Under last time, guessing it could well have been one of you guys.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What's the point, its a one horse race? Australia will moan, whine and bitch. Before the Tests start their press will forget that Australia cant bat, cant bowl and cant feld.

That bit's not true - they've got a very decent pace attack: indeed it's probably better than ours. They have no spinner though and their batting is shockingly bad. And if Clarke is crocked, it's quite possibly the worst batting of any of the test nations, well, not as bad as Zimbabwe's, but what sort of comparison is that?

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
I've been contacted by some of you coming over for The Ashes series, if your coming and want to meet up with some Albion fans while you're here then email seagullsdownunder@hotmail.com
We had Albion fans at each test last time so I'm sure we can put you in touch with someone no matter which test your going to, I myself will be at the MCG for Boxing Day and at the SCG and as always the SDU banner
well be proudly flying amongst the Barmy Army.

Going Brisbane on the saturday with some lads will meet up with anyone who wants.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Adam Gilchrist?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
When we won only one game going back a few years on the Boxing Day my brighton shirt was at the game and about 40 brighton fans meet up. The only problem was i had lent it to my Nephew on his 6 months tour and he left it in Perth at a friends house.The Aussie hated losing one test in those days. Come on England make us proud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here