Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackburn Rovers *** Official match thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Kick off: 3pm
Venue: American Express Community Stadium
Referee: Andy D'Urso

Brighton go into Saturday's match with a spring in their step following last weekends 3-1 victory at the Keepmoat stadium. Manager Oscar Garcia has a selection headache upfront where he has to decide whether to play Leroy Lita, Ashley Barnes or both of them in a 4-4-2 formation. Long term absentee Liam Bridcutt could make a welcome return to the bench. Will Buckley will miss the match and is expected to be replaced by David Lopez.

My starting 11:

Koosh
Calderon
Upson
Greer
Ward
Andrews
Crofts
Lopez
Conway
Forster-Caskey
Lita

My prediction?? 3-1 Albion.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Happy with a point , delighted with 3 , not suicidal with 0 , and i quote " we just gotta hang in there until we have some players " unquote , Brilliant :lolol:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Happy with a point , delighted with 3 , not suicidal with 0 , and i quote " we just gotta hang in there until we have some players " unquote , Brilliant :lolol:

Great quote :)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
THIS IS THE VIEW OF A BLACKBURN FAN ON TODAYS GAME

What do I know of Brighton off the top of my head....well me mum and dad took me there as a child. They showed me a glitzy huge Pavillion...very impressive, trouble was I couldn't see a cricket pitch for moss nor sand!

Like Blackpool, it's made up of three parts, whilst Blackpool has Fleetwood and St Annes, Brighton has Hove, and the small village of And, in between. It has a pier, but Blackpool has three, so in the words of the Country wordsmith, Shania Twain, "that don't impress me much"! Seagulls are common to both, nasty big blighters, nick your kids ice cream soon as look at them, whilst Brighton, the team, as a picture of one on its emblem.

According to the AA, it's 284 miles from Ewood to Brighton, so one of our longer away jaunts, well done to all those making the trip.

My little boy's book of footy says that in the football league years [excluding last year's fixtures] we had played Brighton only 26 times in our history, winning 9, drawing 7, and losing 10. They were late starters to the league, being only elected to the old third division in 1920. They have had a nomadic existence, starting off in Hove at the Goldstone ground, before that was sold for redevelopment in 1997. Thereafter forced to play 70 miles away at Gillingham, before moving back temporarily to Brighton and the Withdean stadium in 1999.

They finally had a purpose built, fancy dan stadium approved, and in 2011, the then Falmer Stadium was opened. It has since been renamed the Amex Gold Card, to be paid back in full at the end of the month, Stadium [other, more reasonable credit cards are available]. With a capacity of just over 30,000, currently this season it boasts the highest home attendances in the Championship.

Last year we managed to share the spoils, both home and away, 1-1. Still, a tough place to go, even though we are currently sitting 3 places above them, but separated by only a point. Their home form seems erratic, having won 2, drawn 3 and lost 2 so far.

On viewing the player profiles, I have to say I didn't recognize many of the Brighton players, Matthew Upson, Leroy Lita are familiar, although Keith Andrews appeared to wink at me when I got to player 4. A little bit of my weetybangs came back into my mouth from breakfast - I'd forgotten the wily old fox was still plying his trade on the south coast.

PAFELL has already said he will put any Rovers waifs and strays up if you miss the bus home! He has also provided a very good potted guide to popular watering holes in the vicinity of the ground.

Now boys and girls, no homophobia, just sing loud and proud and get behind the players and manager! Apparently, according to our website, over 600 tickets have been sold of our initial 950 allocation.

After the depressing financial news of the week, it is still our club, and 3 points on Saturday would stand us in good stead, with two home games to come.

COYB's!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hoping Naylors tweet is a smokescreen and both Lita and Barnes start today, although that leaves us no real plan B.

But we're due some good fortune, so 2-0 to us and then a few miracles over the break.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I predict a game much like today's weather, dull and miserable but with the Albion carving out two glorious chances courtesy of some great work by JFC and Spanish Dave who set both goals up for Leeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Liiiiittttaaaaaa! Some comedy refereeing from the clown d'arsole but everyone going home happy with the 3 points in the bag.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Just been sorting out old boxes and have this from first new wembley game

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383994651.748462.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1383994665.322461.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1383994676.074592.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That was the first home match after the pitch invasion at the end of the Southend victory.

Greg Stanley talked - "by sharing our problems and aspirations, we can go forward to fulfil the ambitions we all share and acknowledge the key role of supporters in making decisions"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on you super seagulls

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Team Tinycowboy are en route. It's rainy and miserable in Canterbury, hopefully things will clear up a bit. Feeling nervous, but hopeful. Come on you Seagulls!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here