Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training at Withdean...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I may have missed this, as I havent been on the site much this week, however I have noticed Jones stated today that we have been training at Withdean all week and will continue to do so in the future.

I assume that this might be a reaction to all the injurys players are currently picking up?

Sorry if I have missed this.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Interesting stuff - I hadn't noticed that. From the official site:

"Meanwhile the side have been training at Jones’s old stomping ground the Withdean this week, and the former Seagulls player praised the quality of the facilities.

“It’s a fantastic surface down there, the groundsman has done a fantastic job. It’s a good place to train, it’s a stadium kind of place and I believe we’re going to use that facility quite a bit now.

“The Withdean was very good to the Albion – we had four promotions there – fantastic memories. It can’t compare to the Amex but it was a good home for us.”
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/jones-praises-patient-fans-1162710.aspx#isoBZzFFHqD8KsqK.99
"

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Was down the track on Tuesday and noticed that the pltch was roped off and in a good state and wondered who was playing there,now I know.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Any pics of how she looks now?

Here you go...
images

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Recovered fairly well, would be a nice county league ground if someone could get permission to play there. Ignoring our ladies team. permisson for a general purpose club house and it would be great.

They have just recently refurbished the whole place so no wonder, it is set to be an olympic standard facility in the further. The gym has been completely revamped to be one of, if not the best, gym's in Brighton. I remember working down there a few years ago and the whole 30 man squad would crowd into a weights room the size of a corner shop.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Martin Perry was talking about the place on this week's Roar.

He said the refurbishment was done by the council but, seeing as the club still wants to use it, there is an agreement that the club looks after the pitch.

You can download this week's show to hear more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am surprised we didnt take over the lease when we went to The Amex and use this as a training facility, instead of the Uni, until the academy is ready but I suppose it is down to costs.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Played indoor tennis at the Withdean stadium with a mate a few weeks back. Got completely lost entering the building site but caught a glimpse of the pitch. It looked in mint condition.

Next to the indoor tennis courts they have what looks like a temporary gym in the corner. I suppose needs must while they're doing the refurb. Used to be a member a couple of times over the last decade or so. Wasn't bad though they clearly required more space/equipment.

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
of course its in good nick Nathan......no ones used the damn pitch for months !!! must have been the easiest job in sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here