Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton & Hove Albion A Model Club?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
First Paul Barber wins CEO of the Year at the Football Industry Awards, in recognition of his work in getting the club to adhere properly to the FFP rules. Then Gus Poyet withdraws his prospective Employment Tribunal case, which leaves the club vindicated in law and highlights how right the club was in observing due legal process in dispensing with Gus Poyet’s services.

The other ninety-one clubs should watch and learn.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, we are not a Model Club, we are a real one.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Sacks manager without giving any reason after he leads team to highest league place in 30 years and continually raises prices on pretty much everything. I hate to think what the model is!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sacks manager without giving any reason after he leads team to highest league place in 30 years and continually raises prices on pretty much everything. I hate to think what the model is!

I'm sure Poyet knows exactly what the club's reasons were for sacking him.

What business is it of yours?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The other ninety-one clubs should watch and learn

A lot depends on whether or not we succeed on the pitch - there is far more to being a model club than running it in a sound financial way

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District
Have you not seen how bad most clubs are run and lack any business acumen. Limited but increasing player budget, solid financial base and forecast to be within FFP. Don't think Blackburn will be an isolated case of poor management. Maybe we are not a model business but moving towards it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

If you think for one second that Gus Poyet would still be here had the club not binned him, then you are deluding yourself.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's no longer in Gus's interest to pursue this case. He's got his hands full with Sunderland and he needs to preserve some goodwill in case he wants Bridcutt or Ulloa. Everything else about this is froth.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's no longer in Gus's interest to pursue this case. He's got his hands full with Sunderland and he needs to preserve some goodwill in case he wants Bridcutt or Ulloa. Everything else about this is froth.

Absolutely, but Ulloa will be priced at a level ( due to his contract length ), where he can buy better elsewhere for the money.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
we don't have any proper striker on the books who is fit.........really one of the main things in any football outfit....is.....err, scoring goals.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
BHA are exemplar - world/national award winning pies, ales, community facilities, CEO, new stadium etc - what more can be added. And don't forget, BHA are only Championship, not yet premier, BHA are well prepared.
As a side note, I recently attended a meeting with a franchisee/owner (not really sure) allegedly hoping to build new club training facilities for his club AND the rugby WC. Whilst having the necessary enthusiasm he lacks the dollars to turn his aspirations into reality. Without naming names, he has presided over a stadium which has struggled to install their upper tier seating over the past four years. I remained silent over my allegiances and knowledge.
I shall say no more. Soulman, if we meet tomorrow, I'll tell you more !

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yeah. The new model is to disengage your old fans who have supported you through thick and thin, and find new richer ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here