[Official Site] Ward Seeks Home Advantage

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ward-l229-1162999_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
13:45 8th November 2013
by Ben Soro-Perez
They’re coming to our home patch and we expect to get results against anyone at the Amex"
Stephen Ward
Stephen Ward is confident home advantage will tell as Albion look for back-to-back league victories.Last week's win at Doncaster has given the side a timely boost and now the Irishman is hoping to continue in the same vein against Blackburn at the Amex.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “They’re coming to our home patch and we expect to get results against anyone at the Amex.
“They’re a bit like ourselves at the minute; they probably expect to be a little higher, so it’ll be a massive game for both sides.
“They’re a huge club, a strong outfit and we've definitely got to be aware of their strikers.
“Jordan Rhodes is a threat; I’ve played against him a few times now and if we can shut him out, hopefully that’s one step closer to securing the three points.”
Ward was delighted to feature against Doncaster last week, having pulled up late in the game against Watford the previous Monday with a hamstring problem.
“I felt my hamstring on the Monday night and it was the first time I’d ever felt it like that, so I was a little worried.
“Thankfully I knew the next day it wasn’t as severe as first thought.
“It was nice to come through and play against Doncaster; it was a good result for us, especially after a few weeks where we probably should have done better.
“It was important to get back on the winning track and hopefully we can continue that this weekend.
“It’s nice to be back in the squad and hopefully I can make it through Saturday unscathed before joining up with the Republic of Ireland squad."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here