Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Bloom's Barber Tribute

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
barber-l229-1163057_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
14:03 8th November 2013
It is well deserved as Paul is highly motivated, works incredibly hard and does an exceptional job"
Tony Bloom
Albion chairman Tony Bloom has paid tribute to the club’s chief executive Paul Barber, after he won the UK Football CEO of the Year Award at last night’s Football Business Awards, held at Chelsea FC.
The event was hosted by former Albion player Mark Lawrenson and TV presenter Ray Stubbs, and Barber collected the award in front of industry leaders at Stamford Bridge.
Bloom, who was also present amongst a party from the club, led the plaudits, telling seagulls.co.uk, "On behalf of the board and all at the Albion I congratulate Paul on his deserved award of CEO of the Year.
"To win the divisional award was impressive, but to go on to also collect the overall award for the UK - ahead of every other Premier League and Football League CEO in England and also those at the Scottish Premier League - really is a prestigious honour for Paul personally, and for our club.
"It is well deserved as Paul is highly motivated, works incredibly hard and does an exceptional job - all in the name of Brighton & Hove Albion. He regularly has had to make tough decisions, sometimes ones which are not always popular, and it is great that we have him at the helm.”
"I was delighted when we recruited someone of his calibre and experience ahead of the start of last season, and he has continued to exceed mine and the board's expectations in the way he runs the club.
"Most significantly, the work he has overseen to make the club more efficient has had a direct impact on Oscar's budget this season and meant we were actually able to increase it - in spite of the new FFP budget restrictions, when we actually were expecting to have to slightly reduce the playing budget."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here