Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cafe Arcadia vs Costa Coffee

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Today am in central Brighton buying much needed winter clothing and cookware.

Fancied a tea or coffee and couldn't decide where to go. Ended up in Cafe Arcadia in the Imperial Arcade and now sitting with a pot of tea....I know very rock and roll. Must say it's a bit of a gem...reasonably priced...table service...no overbearing background music/musak and "palm court tea dance" decor and clientele...I am pleasantly surprised as I haven't been there for ten years. ...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
You made the best choice. Arcadia is a nice little cafe as is the one in C & H. Yes, clientele is genteel in both but I can't spur myself to go in Starbucks, Costas, Nero etc. etc.the coffee is so s***e in those chains.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Arcadia have been going for nearly 30 years, I first discovered it in the late 80s. It's my cafe of choice when in central Brighton and far superior in service and food to all those plastic coffee places. I also like the Mad Hatter next to Waitrose.

D

Deleted member 18477

You made the best choice. Arcadia is a nice little cafe as is the one in C & H. Yes, clientele is genteel in both but I can't spur myself to go in Starbucks, Costas, Nero etc. etc.the coffee is so s***e in those chains.

Starbucks, Costa and Nero are all great.

Costa is prob best.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
We have some superb coffee shops in this city such as Ground, Coffee @ 33, Red Roaster, Small Batch and Redwood. However we also seem to have far too many of the bland chain shops with poor coffee.

WHO drinks in these places when there are so many better options available?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We have some superb coffee shops in this city such as Ground, Coffee @ 33, Red Roaster, Small Batch and Redwood. However we also seem to have far too many of the bland chain shops with poor coffee.

WHO drinks in these places when there are so many better options available?
The sort of people that insist on buying an iPhone.

****tin hat time****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here